Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Your Dream Burial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Dream Burial

Had this conversation with some guys in my section and thought it might be interesting to bring it up here. How do you want your funeral/ burial to go?

Personally, I want a furneral pire on a boat. First I want the boat to be on the launch. A select group of my children, my wife (If I don't kill her first *eyeshift*), and a small group of my closest friends. I want it to be as much of a celebration as possible, with readings from my writings and my favorite myths.

Then, when the party is over and done with, I want my oldest son to light my pire and then all my children to launch the boat into the water. Then, another boat will tow my death boat out until it is just far enough to be seen from shore, where the flames will consume it and myself.

A little over the top, but I like it.
    This world is made of Love and Peace! Love and Peace! Love and Peace!!!-- Vash the Stampede

CM is the abusive spouse of gaming. It really loves you and it -was- kind of your fault you fell down the stairs twice in a row.-- Wisdom Incarnate.

I want to ask who we should submit our FMM to so that they can be evaluated for hilarity before we post them.-- More Wisdom. Different Incarnate

I think I am just the oposite of you... I just want my family to wrap me in garbage bags and burry me in the backyard.. or toss me over the neighbor's fence or something.. I am really not picky. Whatever they want to do works for me.

Comment

I want to be buried sitting up, legs splayed atop a large elephant.

Don't ask.

Ordained Knight of the Realm
      Equerry to Prince Bertram
      Rangers Recruit
      Embinder Hobbyist

Comment

Cremation. I don't want my family spending the rest of their lives mourning by visiting some burial plot.

So, afterward they can toss my ashes to the wind, or mix them with dirt and plant a tree for all I care. I just don't want them sitting on a mantle where people will be all dreary about it or mourning the same way they would a burial plot.

~Nicole
        "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
        "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
        "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
        "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say."- McLuhan
        "There was never a great genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
        Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

I'll be dead when they bury me, so why should I care?
          'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
          -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
          The most acceptable hypocrisy.
          -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

Cremation... and then the leftover bits added to the garden. I like roses, but if we're still living where there's clay soil: well, nix the roses; any flower will do, really.

Being a chef, I would like my family and friends to spend a couple of days cooking and eating some of their favorite things that I've made for them in the past... and talk, and drink, and generally have a good time.

~ Jerisa's player

Comment

I rather like the idea of being closely wrapped around someone's unsuspecting throat.
              The yoke or the throne?

Comment

You would.
                Priam: You know what's a bad idea?
                Kyramor: Not usually

Comment

I don't know whether to be impressed or just creeped out by the LifeGem thing.
                  "It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other."
                  - Petrarch

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
                  - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Know thy enemy, know thy self. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
                  - Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Lucus
                    I don't know whether to be impressed or just creeped out by the LifeGem thing.
                    If not amused, I'd choose the latter.
                    Dame Eeva straight-facedly informs you, "You are under arrest for sighing while lowering your candy."

Comment

Why choose at all?

Inconsistent and conflicty feelings occasionally can be fun.
                      The yoke or the throne?

Comment

Cremation, that's for sure.

Ashes spread over the sea if possible, though I'd leave much of these things for my family to decide as they're the ones who has to live with the loss and might or might not need a place to remember and place flowers.

Courtier of the Winter Court
                        Assistant to the Royal Venefice Her Ladyship Hieronyma
                        Fellow of Lexiography at the Royal Collegium

My pages - My deviant art
                        Per Aspera ad Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Dariel
                          I'll be dead when they bury me, so why should I care?
                          You hope at least...

Cremation, with ashes spread out on a lake or in the ocean.
                          Si fecisti nega!

Comment

In my opinion, burial rites are for those left behind not the person who is dead.

I favor cremation for myself as it seems to conserve the most space. However, I don't really care what happens to my ashes. And I suppose there is little I can do if those in charge of the arrangements have me stuffed instead.

Having been in the position of arranging funerals for several of my loved ones....I tried to respect their wishes, when known, and to show respect for the person they were. I am not a practicing Catholic but I made sure Masses were said for those who were. Some religions do not believe in cremation, I would never cremate someone who believed and practiced one of those faiths, even though, I think cremation is the best way to do it. And further, if I was not in the role of decision maker, I would not criticize the decisions made.

Death comes to us all. And in the end we don't really have a say over what happens to our bodies. That is left for those who survive us.

Kathy

Comment

I don't know about the funeral itself, but there better be one hell of a party afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information