Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All your base...

http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf

If this doesn't belong in the Noise forum, I don't know what does...

Enjoy!
    Harbormaster: Hold up there, you! It's a shilling to tie up your boat at the dock... and I shall need to know your name.

Jack Sparrow: What do you say to three shillings and we forget the name.

Harbormaster: Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith!

I was waiting for someone to bring this up...lol.

That is SOOOOOOOOOO last year.
    Good show though.

:::CaRrIe:::

Comment

Oh thank you. It took me six months to get that song out of my head. Now, it's right back in, and I didn't even watch it again!

I do so love this though... Ah.

But thanks for bringing this up for any of the unfortunates who have somehow managed to miss this.

Jess
      "Isn't it funny how people say they'll never grow up to be their parents, then one day they look in the mirror and they're moving aircraft carriers into the Gulf region?" - The Onion (Aug 28, 2002)

Comment

ARRRRRRRRG!!! Keep it away!!! KEEP IT AWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

All Your Useless Posts Are Belong To Us!
        (Sheesh! Look what YOU made me write...)

Gaby

Comment

Gawd, I thought I would never hear that phrase again when I left a game I used to play.

Comment

My god...

[kai shudders reminiscently]
            [kai dies]
            [Kai(deceased) twitches involuntarily singing the song in his death]
            [Signed with a simple yet all too elegant and over-the-top Y]
            .::Y::.

Comment

I must have been in a cave... but I've absolutely no clue as to what that is from.
              To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

It's a joke from some VERY old (pre-Nintendo?) video game. Note the animation. That's Japanese 80's animation. I think. Mid 80's anime, I'd guess... Anyway, the sound effects and game design LOOK to be in that era. And judging by the fractured English, it's a VERY poor translation by Japanese speaking individuals to English.

Or so I guess.

Anyway, I'm guessing this was a VERY funny joke someone put together. On a dare? I don't know.

Anyway, I put that 'All Your Base are Belong to Us' phrase on one of those BIG BIG BOARDS in front of a Dairy Queen and took two pictures. I'll post that on my website sometime soon. Heh, had the whole neighborhood and some schools going crazy with that. Putting it on walls and such. I'm crazy like that... oh, the stories I could tell.

Comment

I believe the game was called Zero Wing (badly traslated when released in English, for the Sega I think). If you go to www.planettribes.com/allyourbase, it give a brief history of the game and the AYB fad.
                  "Isn't it funny how people say they'll never grow up to be their parents, then one day they look in the mirror and they're moving aircraft carriers into the Gulf region?" - The Onion (Aug 28, 2002)

Comment

No clue

I must have been in a cave... but I've absolutely no clue as to what that is from. -Garrik
                    It is ok Garrik, i am with you, i have no clue what it is from, but it was amusing!

~*~Jamie~*~
                    ~*~Abagail Galanodel~*~
                    ~*~ Yeoman of the Royal Guard~*~
                    ~*~ Honored Guest~*~

Comment

Someone needs a life.

darren

Comment

Im not sure what to say, it started out laughable, now its.... ark... diet anime

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

Runs screaming in terror...................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HH
                          Ryver Dragon of Myst

Comment

Wow...

Originally posted by Ryver
                            Runs screaming in terror...................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HH
                            I've had this happen to me in person no less...but I'll digress and move on.

~Twulf~
                            Harbormaster: Hold up there, you! It's a shilling to tie up your boat at the dock... and I shall need to know your name.

Jack Sparrow: What do you say to three shillings and we forget the name.

Harbormaster: Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith!

Comment

Correction to Lance...

It's a joke from some VERY old (pre-Nintendo?) video game.
                              Accually, the arcade version maybe was before Nintendo, but the arcade didn't have the intro. The into that is use is from the Sega version of the game....

Leave it to me to prove my nerdiness...

Eric
                              -King of dorks, legacy of the loser....
                              Atreyu
                              - Of the plains people.
                              - Langauge Teacher
                              - Student Tailor

"...how sad is sad when we end with words like these..."

(OOC - There's the right to obey, and the right to kill - RATM)

Comment

Working...
                              X