Your Character Looks Like Who?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Character Looks Like Who?

So, when I made Dryden, I modelled him (or his looks, anyway) very closely on a movie character/celebrity, being Mads Mikkelson's portrayal of Tristan/Tristram in the 2006 King Arthur. The one with Clive Owen, yeah? Obviously, there are some small differences, but the general look is still there.

Eg. Here.

And here.

But even better here.

And I figured that I cant be the only one who based the looks of their character on someone from a fictional (point of view, I suppose) character, or the portrayal of one, or even a non-fictional figure.

So! Feel free to put up some links of your idea of your characters. I know I'd be interested to see.

Temor's appearance is built upon the protagonist of the "Choose your own adventure"-book Under Dragon's Wing. The character's name is Prince Treon, but I can't find a picture.

The choice was made as an inside joke, because:

1) Temor and Prince Treon are nothing alike. Treon is a happy-go-lucky and rather incompetent apprentice wizard, for whom even accidents and mishaps turn out wrong. Temor is the glum, brooding & self-destructive mystic/scientist/investigator.

2) Prince Treon was the least impressive figure/trope I could conjure up, who wasn't Raistlin-sickly. I choose him as a model, because in RPGs I always play wizardly/scholarly types, and after having played WoW, I was tired of the fact that I couldn't make a spell-caster who didn't have muscles like Conan. I wanted someone who was neither that, sickly or an old greybeard.

The large black eyes are a reference to the RPG Exalted, which I was going over when I made him. The pics in there are drawn in anime-style. The darker-than-average-for-a-Marrachian-skin is a reference to the fact that many of Temmy's ideas are drawn from (thoroughly perverted) buddhist sources, so I made him ethnically a bit Indian.
    BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.p...ight=character

More or less the same concept. Oh so long ago...

Comment

Oh so long ago there was an active Character Portraits page too :/ Perhaps someone with the know how can bring that back?
        "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff."

Comment

Not based on anyone's look. Good luck finding an half-Japanese, flat-chested woman with golden eyes and long black hair.
          Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

I based Shane mostly on Taylor Kitsch, who will be playing Gambit in the new Wolverine movie.

[Here]

[And Here]

Comment

Ada's a cross between Kajol and Rani Mukherjee I have decided. At long last.

Kajol 01

Kajol 02

Rani 01

Rani 02

Leaning more towards Rani I think.
              Last edited by Adayne; 04-17-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

This is fun! I love seeing what everyone envisions their character as.

When I was making Annett I did have one person vaguely in mind, which was Dr.Cuddy from the show House. Specifically her eyes, which have such strong definition when she slightly closes them (example). That's why I gave Annett heavy-lidded ones.

For her other features... I looked around online and as much as I hate to post a pretty girl's picture, Karlie Kloss has the right skin tone, mouth and hair colour for her to be close to how I pictured my character. I don't see Annett as flawless with super high cheekbones, though. And she would definitely have more meat on her bones than Karlie. But the mouth and skin tone is bang-on.

Here are some examples of her looking more natural:

Karlie

Karlie2
                Annett Aspley
                Doctor for the Healers of Castle Marrach
                Scholar, Secretary, and Treasurer to Lady Avaria's Household

If I should labour through daylight and dark,
                Consecrate, valorous, serious, true,
                Then on the world I may blazon my mark;
                And what if I don't, and what if I do?
                - Dorothy Parker

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
                - Anton Chekhov

Comment

Adayne is Indian?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeva View Post
                    Ok, so to sum it up SO FAR for the characters who still play from time to time and who regularly play:

Daniel Day Lewis as Frell

Lawrence Fishburne laster recast to Will Smith as Osric

(Others listed, but went with the first one)

Christina Applegate originally as Britta, but has since undergone recasting to: Paris Hilton.

Halle Berry as Rikka.

Monica Bellucci as Sinvy.

Sophia Marceau later recast to Kate Beckinsale even later recast to Angie Everhart as Aloria.

Kevin Nash as Gunn.

Heath Ledger later recast to Clint Eastwood as Priam.

Rene้ O'Conner as Elsie

Uma Thurman later recast to Kiera Knightly as Trystan

Christina Ricci as Sylver

Rosalinda Celentano reprising her role of Satan as Uwaine

Renee Zellweger as Rosalind

Catherine McCormack later recast to Jennifer Connely as Tristana

Zhang Ziyi as Eloire

Natalie Portman as Alyse

Michael T. Weiss as considered for Arikon

Grace Kelly as Etaine

Carmen Lee as Tamiko

Kristanna Loken as Eeva

Nicole Kidman as Diana

Kate Mara as Hazelline

Russel Crowe as Marcellius

James Marsters as Howe

Kiera Knightly possibly playing a double role as Natasha

Christian Bale as Cordon

Julia Ormond later recast to Rachel Henley as Alaria

Kimberley Walsh later recast to Rachel Bilson as Chasity

Monica Bellucci also doing as double role as Sidara

Clair Forlani as Heulyn

Vash the Stampede a quick call into the CGI guys has confirmed his appearance for Tredias

Brandon Lee as Earen

Thandie Newton as Qdee

Catherine Zeta-Jones as Mirandda

Hayden Panettiere was recast from an unnamed actress to fill the role as Juliee

Sophia Myles as Reinette

Joaquin Phoenix as Varick

Rachel Weisz as Avaria

Kate Winslet as Aleysia

Scott Vickaryous as Calix

Pooja Bhatt? as Rebekah

Andy Garcia as Dionar

Adrian Paul as Bryson

Apologies to any I missed in the big summary.
                    Originally posted by Howe View Post
                    Interesting?

Five characters look like:
                    Kiera Knightly. (Why?!)

Four characters look like :
                    Kate Winslet
                    Cathrine Zeta-Jones
                    Angelina Jolie

Three characters look like:
                    Jessica Simpson
                    Kristin Kreuk
                    Russel Crowe
                    Kate Beckinsale

Two characters look like:
                    Clint Eastwood.
                    Michael Clarke Duncan
                    Monical Belluci
                    Anne Hathaway
                    Brandon Lee
                    Jason Issacs
                    Renee Zellwieger
                    Ethan Hawke
                    Heath Ledger
                    Sean Bean
                    Sophia Myles
                    Brad Pitt
                    Grace Kelly
                    Alexis Bledel

Comment

Originally posted by Elvii View Post
                      Adayne is Indian?
                      As far as I know, she always was.

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

In partial defense of all the movie stars, I can say that they are very easy to think in terms of, when you are going to describe a fantasy figure. I've never wanted Temor to be thought of as good-looking (I imagine him as average) and even so, I've tried googling short actors, to see if there was anything I could use.
                        BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

Which is also another reason I've never found a RL Flatty McGrumpy lookalike; all the actresses I've looked up either don't have the same features as her, are too beautiful to look like her (I've always envisionned her as average looking despite the exotic looks), are anorexic (she's slim, yes, but she does have meat on those bones due to her muscular mass!), or full of silicone (what part of "flat" don't you understead? She doesn't HAVE a D cup).

Comment

Originally posted by Gabs View Post
                            Which is also another reason I've never found a RL Flatty McGrumpy lookalike; all the actresses I've looked up either don't have the same features as her, are too beautiful to look like her (I've always envisionned her as average looking despite the exotic looks), are anorexic (she's slim, yes, but she does have meat on those bones due to her muscular mass!), or full of silicone (what part of "flat" don't you understead? She doesn't HAVE a D cup).
                            Have you tried branching away from specifically Japanese? Like tried Malaysian, Taiwanese, mebe Cambodian, etc?

I'm fickle with Dalla, it's changed a bit but I'm still pretty set on Mila Kunis.

Mila
                            Mila

Toss in a dash of perhaps something more arabic or native and you pretty much have her.
                            Last edited by Dalla; 04-18-2009, 05:28 AM. Reason: Stupid broken links.

Comment

Originally posted by Temor View Post
                              In partial defense of all the movie stars, I can say that they are very easy to think in terms of, when you are going to describe a fantasy figure. I've never wanted Temor to be thought of as good-looking (I imagine him as average) and even so, I've tried googling short actors, to see if there was anything I could use.
                              Generally, with my characters, I stay away from the really good looking types. Too over done to me. With Shane, though, he was meant to just tide me over till my expected main was coded with story point requests. Was going to make Shane into just a laid back surfer dude, and though that Taylor Kitsch sort of looked the part.

Comment

Working...
                              X