Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

You Know You May Be Getting a Little Burned Out On CM When..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Know You May Be Getting a Little Burned Out On CM When..

1) You start hiding from the couriers because scrolls give you a stomachache.

2)You've just found out **** has a secret crush on you and frankly, you are too bored too care.

3)You actually begin considering your own death plot.

4)Even the prospect of new crimson leather pants fails to deliver its expected thrill.

5)You reminisce for the good old days when you were an ignorant newlie and everything was fresh and new.

6)You start concocting weird parser combinations such as "Menacingly Hover" and "Hungrily Scratch" and try to think of plots to support them.

7)You spend more time in your CM room then anywhere else ICly.

8) You know that means you are still addicted since you don't actually want to play, but you can't bear not at least being on the 'Who' list.

9)You wonder how hard it would be for Aziel to code a Marrach Sanitarium and if you could get Launnie to make you chief headmistress.

10)Even the psychic probe-my-mind plots begin to sound good...

(Understandingly inspired by Myrth...)

The yoke or the throne?

11) You don't even bother to add amiably, happily, or perkily when your char curtsies to someone else. Faith curtsies to Sorcha.

12) You just start getting bored. Ouch.

13) You, the player, starts getting annoyed with annoying IC characters.

5)You reminisce for the good old days when you were an ignorant newlie and everything was fresh and new.
    And it's weird how many times I've thought of that. Very good one, Sorcha.

Carrie~

Comment

[list=1][*]You finally go about making those props you've been "working" on for a month[*]You log in to play, go around ignoring everyone's half-plots and end up logging into GE: H because watching the time drop as your ships fly between planets is more fun[*]You remember that you have other games actually installed in your hard drive
      Wow... I forgot I even Had Civ 3
      [/list=1]
      To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

1: you find reasons to leave a room becouse its another plot you have seen 100 times

2:you hear someone new babblaing in a diffrent lang, and your only thought is "Look another GM newly"

3:you actally take the time to go through all your old scrolls again

4:you post on this list.

Comment

Originally Warned by John
          4:you post on this list.
          ~1~ You start nodding to everyone because you're sick of curtsying (or bowing but 'curtsy' really is more letters )

~1.5~You completely ignore Newbies and pretend they aren't there. Or.....

~2~ You notice a newbie and become afraid (~Lysarian notices New1~ ~Lysarian glances searchingly/helplessly~ ~Lysarian slinks obliviously to north passageway~ ~New1 says to Lysarian, "Could you help me?"~ ~Lysarian rushes quickly to north passageway~ ~Lyssarian leaves through north passageway~ )

~3~ You don't feed your char anymore.

~4~ You're highly respected and very courteous char suddenly turns evil and rebelious and is NOT with any of those three-day-life-span plots.

~5~ You tell a newbie ooc to get a real life and get off the internet

~5.5~Your character becomes depressed or....

~6~ People start asking you why your charater is depressed even when you don't hint ICly or OOCly that they are.

~7~ Even the idea of beer and wenches doesn't make you smile (got this idea from Gorgoroth )

~8~ You read this post.

~~>Lyssy when she has yet to sleep for the night <~~
          Sera Lysarian

Comment

~1.5~You completely ignore Newbies and pretend they aren't there. Or.....

~2~ You notice a newbie and become afraid (~Lysarian notices New1~ ~Lysarian glances searchingly/helplessly~ ~Lysarian slinks obliviously to north passageway~ ~New1 says to Lysarian, "Could you help me?"~ ~Lysarian rushes quickly to north passageway~ ~Lyssarian leaves through north passageway~ )

~3~ You don't feed your char anymore.
            Umm... I've always done these things

I think Garriks actually eaten... 5 RP'd meals in his 9 months awakened.

Now I just say that he eats during my AFCM time
            To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

Uh oh.....ok, people prepare to say goodbye to garrik *sniff*
              Sera Lysarian

Comment

britta lives off beer..and i guess now icewine...

and what about when you sit in your room for hours at at a time dressing and redressing in all your clothes...

*eyeshifts* i thought everyones char did that...

Comment

Originally posted by britta
                  and what about when you sit in your room for hours at at a time dressing and redressing in all your clothes...

*eyeshifts* i thought everyones char did that...
                  So did I.....

*watches people suspiciously*

~1~ When you DON'T sit in your room for hours only to be changing into all of your clothes
                  Sera Lysarian

Comment

if britta just had a hand mirror..her days of lonliness would finally end...

Comment

Am I strange? My char has been here for almost 8 months and has but four sets of clothes...

The stuff he wears normally.
                      His "celebration" clothes.
                      A male's dance costume he has never worn (We miss you, Mintle)
                      A female's dance costume he has never worn (see above)

Comment

Originally posted by Nom
                        A female's dance costume he has never worn

Erm...
                        'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
                        -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
                        The most acceptable hypocrisy.
                        -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

I'm pretty sure he means that it's one belonging to Mintle....

(and I thought I was tired.... *to Dariel*)

Comment

1. You have a choice between food or Marrach and while you are now thin enough to fit into those jeans you think you look like an ethopian on crack so you choose food.

2. You look over at that thing in your room and wonder what it is. Then as your brain slowy processes what a bed is and what its for, you try 50 different commands in the parser before you realise you have to physically move to get in the bed.

3. You've been staring at your monitor for so long now that your retinas are cracked and crispy little balls of dried up lard that only move when you get enough moisture from yor dog's saliva when he licks at you, tasting you because he thinks you're dead because you never move from your chair and he wants a snack.
                            Deputy Marth

Comment

Originally posted by Rien
                              3. You've been staring at your monitor for so long now that your retinas are cracked and crispy little balls of dried up lard that only move when you get enough moisture from yor dog's saliva when he licks at you, tasting you because he thinks you're dead because you never move from your chair and he wants a snack.
                              Ew...

That reminds me....

Unknown #.) When you start saying, "Sigh", "Flinch", "Giggle" or other basic commands IRL

Unknown 2#. ) When you check the forums every five seconds to see if there has been a change.

~~>Lyssy when ....hey, guess i'm semi-normal tonight! <~~
                              Sera Lysarian

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information