Announcement

Collapse

Co-Lo Stability Problems

Unfortunately, our co-lo had some stability problems Friday morning.

First up, they lost all of their connectivity to the facility that holds all of our games. This took them about 40 minutes to diagnose and a bit longer to restore.

Much more astonishingly, they rebooted all of their machines (which means all of our machines) while they were fixing the problem, with no notice. This probably had minimal repercussions on the SkotOS games (Marrach, Ironclaw, Lazarus, and Lovecraft). There may have been a rollback of an hour or two.

TEC and Grendel's Revenge are more troublesome. TEC will suffer a rollback of 10 hours, to midnight (PT) last night, since the unannounced reboot happened one hour before the next backups. GR suffered a more complete failure. We're being forced to restore the entire machine from its backups, then we'll need to restore the game from the backups stored within that backup. The lineup of dates look promising (which is how we laid them out, 'lo these many years ago), so the hope is that we'll only suffer a 7 hour rollback, to the 3am (PT) game backup, but it's a bit dicey at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience; we're now making sure everything is stable, and we're looking into whether our most recent upgrades to TEC will support increasing the backups to every 6 hours.

Edit: The GR problem is proving even more intractable than hoped. As best I can tell, our colo is still having some issues because I can't boot the first restore I made of GR and I can't build a new node either. I expect this will just clear when they get their act together, but in the meantime I'm not able to get GR back online until they fix these problems.
See more
See less

Guess that Situation!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atmos admits, "Not just yet, it seems. I was beginning to think I'd be playing with myself."
    > You casually reply to Atmos, "How is that unusual?"
    "Glory follows virtue as if it were its shadow."
    - Marcus Cicero

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

• Theresa molests you first.

Theresa bangs your right leg in Northern, "Not a virgin anymore, are you?!"

Theresa skips away.

Theresa opens the northern white oak door, steps inside, and closes it behind her.

[OOC Page] from Theresa: "You awake from sleeping while standing up to realize you have just had the oddest of dreams, but you know it had to be just a dream, because that doesn't sound like T at all."

My therapy bills are now being forwarded to Theresa's player.
      Trisan Allanon
      ~ We journey to be great.
      Should we never achieve greatness,
      At least we have a great tale.
      Thus, mayhaps we achieved greatness after all. ~

Comment

• Theresa chooses her words now, "I am getting mixed signals from you, and it is confusing me."

You pause your head then, "Mixed signals..."

You awkwardly loiter with your strong left hand, "I thought it was pretty clear..."

Casual game of Twister

Comment

• Here at the eastern end of the Grand Bridge, a flat landing leads off from the top of the long, enclosed stairway. There is a wooden door in the north wall. At the eastern edge of the landing, an ornately decorated arch of ebony and gold heralds the entrance to the Inner Bailey. A wide open courtyard is visible through the archway.

Wilena is standing near the eastern archway. Merrynn and a scarred guard are standing near the entrance to the Grand Bridge. A wooden package bin is standing near the north wall. An ice encrusted snow drift is lying against the south wall. A wooden bench is sitting against the south wall. A large barrel is standing near the south wall. Kobe is kneeling in front of Doctor Dolph. Doctor Dolph and you are sitting on a wooden bench. A heralds slateboard and a large potted white flower are standing next to a wooden bench. A scroll is lying on a large barrel.

<.< sorry!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
          Apprentice Jeweler
          Royal Purse Bearer
          Royal Librarian
          Honored Guest
          Assistant Dean of the Royal Collegium

Comment

• Quinlan educates Jeffery softly, "When we sleep underwater we tend to drown."

Comment

• Theresa sexily dampens your white flannel towel.

You drop a white flannel towel beside yourself, "Oy..."

OOC -- Merrynn says to Theresa, "am I coming back at a bad time?"

Comment

• Ezraella checks Atmos' nipples out.

Comment

• Brohm pets a frozen head placatingly, "Good recruit."

Comment

• Josie smooches her slender right hand everywhere, "Oooo Aratan. Mwah mwah."

Comment

• Ibar bites you.

Comment

• You belatedly ask Quinlan, "Jeffery and Atmos want your hands?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                        Apprentice Jeweler
                        Royal Purse Bearer
                        Royal Librarian
                        Honored Guest
                        Assistant Dean of the Royal Collegium

Comment

• Dame Eeva smirks at you now, "The demure shy ones?"
                          Dame Eeva smiles bashfully at you.
                          Dame Eeva turns her toes inward.
                          Apprentice to the Healers - Ser Quinlan

Comment

• OOC -- Felyx says, "I walk away for two minutes and come back to find sofya pregnant and mitsuko needing a paternity test >.<"

Sera Sofya

Comment

• A gray cat slinks in through the eastern ascending stairs.
                              A small hound stares hopefully at a gray cat.
                              Yolanda gently scratches a small hound's back.
                              A small hound stares predatorily at a gray cat.
                              Yolanda coos sweetly at a small hound, "Now now, no eating the cats."
                              Yeoman Vaden grins at a small hound, "Get it boy."
                              A small hound gazes at Yeoman Vaden's face cheerfully.
                              A small hound gazes hopefully towards a gray cat.
                              Yeoman Vaden nods to a small hound knowingly.
                              A small hound turns his head observantly to a gray cat.
                              A small hound gazes lightheartedly.

Comment

• You raise your pewter cider goblet to Merrynn, "Here is to undergarments!"

Comment

Working...
                                X