Zelda!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zelda!

[Broadcast] "Ganondorf came storming the Castle in search of the mythic Triforce but was dismayed when the little page boy told him whe only had Triflames, so he decided to change his name to Anthony and set up permanent residence here."

Got to love it!!!!!

-Eric
    Atreyu
    - Of the plains people.
    - Langauge Teacher
    - Student Tailor

"...how sad is sad when we end with words like these..."

(OOC - There's the right to obey, and the right to kill - RATM)

Heh, that was one of the better ones...

Does anyone notice the series is called The Legend of Zelda when it revolves around Link? She's not even in some of the games, TLOZ: Link's Awakening being one. Maybe mentioned one, twice at best. Yet somehow there're her legends, though Link is clearly the hero? Gah! It's as bad as Final Fantasy. Final? There's over ten games! ) (And I love each and every one of them ... except Mystic Quest) Alright, I'll stop my gamer rant now before someone decides to seriously hurt me

Ja ne!
    . . .

Comment

HERESAY!!! BLASPHAMY!!!
      Burn the witch, Burn her!

*She turned me into a newt![Long Pause] I got bet-tah.*

The legend of Zelda is called that because although the games are based around Link, Link has to save the Princess 'Zelda' as well the realm of hyrule. Like a fairy tale, in his poor orphan boy's perspective, the idea of saving a princess is far beyond his station. Hence 'The Legend', a princess that has been captured by an evil sorceror that by way of chance is searching for a Mystical Triforce to control Hyrule. Link, our wayward hero, decides to take up the challenge of the legend and face Ganon.

now I'm all out of breath. Thanks alot. j/k Much love to you,
      Ja ne!

~John
      P.S. Final Fantasy was thusly named because things can be lost in Translation from Japanese. So Final Fantasy may not mean 'Final' Fantasy. :P
      "You mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"
      -Westley, The Princess Bride

Comment

The reason Final Fantasy is called Final Fantasy: Square Soft, the company that makes Final Fantasy games was about to go under. They were making this last game and since it was supposed to be their last game before they went out of business they called it "Final Fantasy". Who knew Final Fantasy would be the game that would bring their company back to life..

Just a little usless knowledge..
        Mistress Gretchan D'Avalon

Comment

Just for the sake of it, "Final Fantasy" is [Fainaru Fantaji-] in Japan. English is cool to Japanese ears, so often English words are 'adopted' for the use of games and so on... Both words are fairly well understood in the English, and so it probably was intended to mean "Ultimate Dream", or something along those lines
          Emi
          I was just thinking that here we sit, all of us, eating and drinking to preserve our precious existence and really there is nothing, nothing absolutely no reason for existing
          - Sartre, Nausea

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing
          - Hubbard

Comment

Re: Heh, that was one of the better ones...

Originally posted by Reiyua
            Does anyone notice the series is called The Legend of Zelda when it revolves around Link? She's not even in some of the games, TLOZ: Link's Awakening being one. Maybe mentioned one, twice at best. Yet somehow there're her legends, though Link is clearly the hero? Gah! It's as bad as Final Fantasy. Final? There's over ten games! ) (And I love each and every one of them ... except Mystic Quest) Alright, I'll stop my gamer rant now before someone decides to seriously hurt me

Ja ne!
            I won't hurt you physically, but how about your knowledge?

[begin rant]
            Final Fantasy is called "Final Fantasy" because at the time they made the first game, it was Squaresoft's (Then the makers of crappy games like Rad Racer [which i agree is fun, but was not well liked then] and Rad Racer II, among other flops) last ditch effort to make some money.. The company was failing, and they had no idea what to do. So they decided to make an RPG, and in quite the literal sense, called it Final Fantasy. The funny thing was, it became a huge success, and prompted 2 sequels in Japan, before finally releasing four, (which was our second in america) five, which wasn't released until the late PS1 days, six, which was released as 3 in america, and then slicing itself into the PS1 market with the original numbers: 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. Of course, there were it's spinoffs, Mystic Quest (which was a kiddy version of the game in Japan, even though it was more difficult in the Japanese version than in the American), Final Fantasy Tactics, Chocobo Dungeon 1 and 2, Chocobo Kart Racing, etc etc.. But in all this, they kept with the title: Final Fantasy for some reason or another.. My theory as to why? Because each game never sequels to the next. The stories, characters, and worlds all differ, with minor continuity in each: the Chobos, spells, guardians, etc.. Square has often said they wanted to do somethign differnet .. and they've already hinted at it. An actual sequel to Final Fantasy 10 is being brainstormed, and was even prologued in a special video sequence available only to Japanese special editions of the game. Ok.. I'm REALLY going off on a tangent, I'll stop now..

And yes, I've been obsessed over FF for far too long I still play my FF10 on my ps2 even though I can almost 1 hit kills the final bosses because I wanna make my characters even stronger.. SIGH! Thank god for marrach to take me away from that
            [/End Rant]

-Dolph

[Edit: Just relized Gretchan said the same thing in less words.. well.. here's an elaboration if anyone cared ]
            Royal Chief of Medicine
            Noble of Her Majesty's Royal Court
            Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

Hey!

What's the orginal title of this post, huh? Zelda... that's right... not Final Fantasy! No one cares about Final Fantasy anymore... they should have stopped after the 3rd one....

Well, ok... X was good... in some aspects... but Zelda will always rule supreme in my books!

-Eric
              Atreyu
              - Of the plains people.
              - Langauge Teacher
              - Student Tailor

Comment

Mystic Quest was such a joke...

Oh, lookie. The final boss is an undead monster... Let's just use our most powerful curative spells/items against him and watch me beat the crap out of him in less than 30 seconds...

I'm not kidding... I guess it took me less than 3 hours to pass the game.

Now Zelda totally ruled!

Ok, so I only owned the first one on the Nintendo, and the one on the SNES, but hey, it's a classic. Unfortunately, my brother sold my SNES Zelda along with my Secret of Mana, and I never forgave him about that. But hey, if I ever see either games for sale again (even though Secret of Mana is just so rare to get... *sniffles*), you can be sure I'll get rid of the dust that collected on my SNES and start playing again. Reminds me of when I was young.

~*~*~* Dream sequence of your 13 years old Gaby who was in High School *~*~*~

Ah, the memories... And I still recall sitting with my friends Rachel at my other friend Marie-Soleil's place and we'd annoy Marie-Soleil because we'd do the voices of the characters while playing Zelda.

Ok, enough babbling. I got an essay to type.

*fades away, merrily whistling the Zelda theme*

Gaby
                (By the way, where can I get that Triforce and rule the world? )

Comment

Chronotrigger

Final Fantasy is terrific... but my very favorite ever SNES game has to be Chronotrigger. The most beautiful game for Nintendo that I've ever seen.
                  Of course I'm wayyy to hooked here to go back to the old SNES.

Kathy N
                  "I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings"
                  ~ Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Comment

I'm sorry... but all your nostalgia is wasted! PONG RULES SUPREME IN THE UNIVERSE! :P

You think Mystic Quest was bad.... http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/w20-1.htm

I think the game that brings me the most nostaligia is Harvest Moon for SNES. Heh. My lil' Farmer guy was such a pimp! :P As well as Any Street Fighter 2 for the Genesis and the SNES. I mean seriously, how many Street Fighter 2's were there?
                    1)Street Fighter 2
                    2)Street Fighter 2 Turbo
                    3)Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition
                    4)Super Street Fighter 2
                    5)Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
                    I think that is the longest series of a sequel I've ever seen. But I remember I used to wax all my friends after school at the arcades or at home. Sigh.... awww, all those good old days.
                    "You mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"
                    -Westley, The Princess Bride

Comment

I liked all the Legend of Zeldas... all but the last one (Majora's Mask); the story started out alright, but after a while it was the same old song and dance. The only thing I liked from Majora's Mask was the inclusion of the original theme song.

Anywho, I seriously think Miyamoto is an idiot for aiming the series more towards younger people. Look at the next installment! It's hideous! *shudders* But that's Nintendo for you. *grumble* Why can't they be like they were in the SNES days?!

Comment

Ya know, Smash Brother Melee for Gamecube has a Zelda stage with the BEST orchestrated Zelda theme I've ever heard.. Makes me wanna hear it right now just talking about it.. oh that and Metroid

Metroid was the Shiznitobambizle.
                        Royal Chief of Medicine
                        Noble of Her Majesty's Royal Court
                        Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Dolph

Metroid was the Shiznitobambizle.
                          I don't know what 'shiznitobambizle' means, but hells yeah, METROID and even better SUPER METROID!!!

Super Metroid with all it's different endings.... endless hours of fun, along with the evil BG music.... love it!

FUN FACT: In EGM's top 100 games ever.... Super Metroid was number.... (drum roll).... ONE!!!! Contra came in at like 25 I think and Zelda was in the top 10 (forget exactly which one)!!!
                          Atreyu
                          - Of the plains people.
                          - Langauge Teacher
                          - Student Tailor

Comment

I've watched my brother play the Final Fantasy games... the earlier ones were really cool, but Zelda beats it hands down. Final Fantasy is too much of a Power Game to me.

Zelda is so awsome - I remember playing the very first one on the first Nintendo. *sighs*

Did anyone every see the the cartoon they had? It was about 8 - 10 years ago, but there used to be a Super Mario Brothers Super Show - and on Fridays, they had the Legend of Zelda cartoons, which were completely awsome in my opinion. I have them on tape some where... we were religous about recording them. Is that sad or what? *grin*
                            A glutton for punishment.

Comment

Zelda.

Love that game

The First one was the best!...

You know, this gets me thinking...Link had to save Zelda's seven sisters, right?

All of which were: "Oh, [Link]! Thank you so much! I will never be able to repay you! Here's a clue: [enter clue that you've been given hundreds of times before, but can still not quite figure out, here]. Remember, Zelda needs you! Save my sister!"

Ok, so then...being the young adult/older teen that you are...And being a guy...And saving a princess...Ok, so [Link] and Princess # [1-7] stay one-night in the same bed.

(Of course, the game will not tell you that...but, come one...facts are facts. This is a princess who will probably only marry some idiotic, stout, prince...here there is this handsome young guy who just saved her from that discusting looking being.)

Nway...

So that's seven princesses...

Zelda too...

That red-haired singer from Link's Awakening...Nayru and the Oracle of Seasons...

The other maidens I'm forgetting...

Must I paint a picture? No wonder [Link] enjoys saving the world and doesn't argue when the tri-force FORCES him to save it again.

Seriously though, I'm not putting the game down, it excels its limits in superbness.

Welcome to the world of Zelda. You will now not be able to leave the mind of a young elven male whenst you play this game. Enjoy!
                              [Easily and honorably signed in a simple, "~ S ~"]
                              .~.~.~
                              "Even today the rocks...are no less than spiritual training grounds and arenas where faith is fashioned, sin is driven out, and personality is forged."

Comment

Working...
                              X