3 Way Fight To The Death!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Way Fight To The Death!!!

My cousin and I have been fighting about this for a week now.... I just wanna see what you people thing.

I say Jet Li would dominate... but that's just me.

-Eric
    Bruce Lee
    67.65%
    Jet Li
    26.47%
    Mike Tyson
    5.88%
    Atreyu
    - Of the plains people.
    - Langauge Teacher
    - Student Tailor

"...how sad is sad when we end with words like these..."

(OOC - There's the right to obey, and the right to kill - RATM)

Jet Li.
    Parturiunt montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.

Horace Epistles

Comment

Hah... Jet Li is just flash and bells.

Bruce Lee was the best of the best. He didn't need all that John Woo stuff to be kick ass. Plus, he didn't need a gun to kill people, he could punch enemies so hard that they bleeded to death internally.

Jet Li is just the pretty boy of wushu, which by the by is not even a pure martial art... it is a 'showy' martial art. Wushu was created by the Communist Chinese to replace the Arts of Shaolin Martial Arts, Kung Fu. Take away the Max Payne/Matrix-style camera effects and Jet Li is just another stuntman. :P

~John
      Boards Don't Hit Back.
      "You mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"
      -Westley, The Princess Bride

Comment

Bah. Jet Li movies are no more choreographed than the Bruce Lee ones. You have to go back and watch the really old Jet Li films (like Wong Fei-hung; aka Once Upon A Time in China), before Hollywood corrupted them.

*grins* And nooo, I'm not partial just because Jet Li is the 'pretty boy'. *cough cough*

Horace Epistles

Comment

Naw... You all are WRONG.

Atleast, generation-wise with Bruce Lee. His SON... Now there's a different story.

Get Brandon Lee up and out of the grave, and keep on the "Crow" face paint and leather jacket/pants... He'd kick all those poser asses! And then ... Damn. Maybe I should just say "Eric Draven" is the best, rather than Brandon Lee...

Realizes how pathetic she is, and votes for Bruce Lee...
          ^Jessifur^

p.s. -- Brandon Lee sure was sexy though, wasn't he? *drool*
          "Four A.M. knows all my secrets."

Comment

Yeah....

*glances at the videos and wonders if I should poke people in the house once AGAIN to find their vcr*

Comment

*Ild takes the cool kung fu moves she learned from Kung Fu University and beats everyone else into submission*

Jet Li, dammit!

Horace Epistles

Comment

you know who is missing from the post? I personally like Jackie Chan the bestest(I know thats not a real word, but I like it). He's not the same as other Martial Arts SuperStars. He mixes up his moves with a certain type of humor that keeps you captivated to the screen. And unlike Jet Li, Jackie Chan cannot completely kick and punch and shoot his way out of 1000 badguys. Eventually, he succumbs to greater numbers. But he uses his brain power to get out of those kinds of situations. That is a prime example of true martial arts... control the mind, and thusly you control the body. Jet Li couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag. hahahahah

~John
                "You mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Comment

Hey! Don't make me use my Swooping Spinning Star Forearm on you!

Horace Epistles

Comment

Chow Yun Fat

My 9mm is stronger than your Kung Fu.

If you're thinking of Anna and the King, run and get a wide selection of John Woo and Ringo Lam movies (Hong Kong movies, not that watered-down PC crap Woo is doing over in Hollywoord). Most of all, get Hard Boiled (that's the one that has Chow with an assault rifle in one hand and a baby in the other on the cover).

Kung Fu... Silly kids.
                    'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
                    -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
                    The most acceptable hypocrisy.
                    -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

There comes a time when a discharged gun just puts you to sleep. Okay, I admit I am a big fan of any Action movie, just because of kick ass value. But sometimes I just get tired of guns. They take away the surprise and the element of hand to hand fighting, plus it's too quick. Death is supposed to be painful! Add a couple of cracked ribs, broken necks, crushed skulls, and you've got yourself a movie! Didn't you learn anything from Bloodsport? Even Arnold, the king of all Shoot-em-ups broke a couple of necks for fun, *Don't wake my friend, he's DEAD tired*

Plus its more entertaining to see someone get the crap beat of of them and flying through the air doing some kind of crazy technique that has more than 3 syllables, while yelling what kind of move they are doing in the meantime. Don't make me bust out the "Patagonian Irritating Atomic Groin Pinch" on you. Trust me, it hurts me as much as it'll hurt you.

John

Comment

Bruce Lee was the best of the best. He didn't need all that John Woo stuff to be kick ass. Plus, he didn't need a gun to kill people, he could punch enemies so hard that they bleeded to death internally.
                        Maybe so, but Bruce is dead, And no matter how showy a style of martial arts is, if done with any bit of skill it would definately beat a dead guy.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Bruce's movies too.
                        To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

Hands down - Bruce Lee. He is a legend, and though Jet Li is extremely talented - there is no comparison. Bruce Li has actually been into many many *real* fights and won - I don't recall hearing about this with Jet Li. And I'm not talking about tournaments. Don't get me wrong - I like Jet Li, but Bruce Lee is unsurpassable.
                          A glutton for punishment.

Comment

Jackie Chan is only good for shits and giggles lately...
                            I mean.. which other self-respecting martial artist would willingly make a cartoon out of himself? Sure... it's different for Jim Carrey who's had all those other spin off cartoons for the Mask and the Pet Detective... But not Jackie Chan.

Teehee, he made me laugh in 'Shanghai Noon.'

Heh...

*realizes she has nothing intelligent to add to this thread and is getting beaten quite severely by Jaime* I SUBMISS I SUBMISS! JET LI JET LI!!!!!

^J^
                            "Four A.M. knows all my secrets."

Comment

There is a major difference betweem stage fighting and actual contact fighting. If someone solely studies staged fighting, then real fighting becomes difficult. Therefore, I rule out Jet Li.

Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson. Well... I would say Bruce Lee, but Mike Tyson would probably have his ears for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                              X