X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A duel of Honor

Twenty-Fifth Day of the First Moon,
    Seventeenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance to the will of Her Majesty, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of
    A Duel of Honor.

A day of honor and swords took place on the evening of the 16th Day of the 1st Moon, when ser Kobe challenged Master Vincint to a duel for slight toward him. Fully knowing that he could deny ser Kobe the right to a duel, he favored the young ser and agreed.

Terms were set and seconds were found; in ser Kobeís corner was the newest Preceptor of the Battlers Guild, sera Carla and in Master Vincintís corner was the leader of the Duelists, ser Edouard.

Together, these leaders neutrally worked to see the duel on the right path. With the terms of first blood agreed on they made their way to the practice hall. Those present in attendance included, Mistress Meryl, sers Ignoia and Liir, along with the opponents and their seconds.

When asked if he thought it brought ser Kobe disfavor by challenging his better, ser Edouard replied:
    "I don't think so. Kobe proved his courage, standing up for himself even when he must have known he was going to end up bleeding. It's never a bad thing to stand up for your honor."

And when asked about if it was unusual to have Battlers aid as seconds he responded:
    "It wasnít unusual at all; the Battlers are generally versed in the Code. Anyone well versed with the Code can second, doesn't even need to be affiliated with a guild."

The seconds questioned once more before starting the duel if either opponent changed their minds and wished for a peaceful resolution. When it was clear there would be none they moved into the next steps of checking the weapons. Master Vincint used his own steel rapier and ser Kobe used sera Carlaís steel longsword.

After both swords were deemed safe, the duel began. It was formal in all accounts; the two saluted and gave reverence to their second then lunged into combat. Quickly, Master Vincint took the lead, using his years of practice to knock ser Kobe off balance. The brave ser tried his best to hold his own, but with a swift move from his opponent was caught in his right rib. Sera Carla called the point and announced the winner before tending to ser Kobe with the aid of others.

Sera Carla had this to say when asked her opinion on the duel:
    "It was a good duel to start the year off and Iím grateful I was able to help settle the dispute."

As a final comment, ser Kobe said this:
    "I wish to thank both sera Carla and ser Edouard for being excellent seconds in the matter and wish to remind people in future duels that they should always make sure a healer is present in order to reduce the likelihood of worsening the injury."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm,

Yazmin Reymess
    Aspirant Chronicler

Working...
X