X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of the Purple Wraith

Penned on the 8th day of the 2nd moon, 17th YRA

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle of The Return of the Purple Wraith.

The Purple Wraith, once again, returns to taunt those of the Keep. Chase is given, resulting in injuries and new information pertaining to current Watch investigations.

Throughout the day of the twenty-seventh of the first moon, the Keep was ignited with sounds of moans, their source unknown. Many congregated to the landing at the middle of the Great Bridge inquisitive of the source. During this time Mistress Meryl received pangs of pain which seemed to be magical in origin. She expressed that there was a feeling of someone casting spells.

Those upon the bridge included: Mistress Meryl, Mistress Wilena, Mistress Merrynn, Master Jeffery, Armswoman Vessa, Deputy Siward, ser Ignoia, ser Vaden, and sera Yazmin. Later to join the group were sera Carla, ser Edouard, and this Chronicler.

After Mistress Meryl felt another pang, the group upon the bridge traveled to the courtyard, where everyone started feeling the pain themselves. With random glimpses of the purple wraith, chase was given to the gallery and back. Sera Carla joined in during this time helping with the pursuit of the Wraith.

When the group was about to depart the scene, tendrils spread from the walls into the form of the purple wraith. The Wraith began speaking ill of Her Majesty and taunting those in attendance.

Defending their Queen, those in the courtyard fought back with the amber dust and larch swords. Counterattacks from the wraith included fog rising from the ground and leaving those present in pain. Another attack from the wraith's tentacles led to the injury of sera Carla and later on Mistress Wilena.

The Deputy said the pain from the fog was "like a wave of pain crashing over me like the waves I remember from my travels in my past life."

Throughout the battle, the Purple wraith revealed information regarding the murder of ser Ignoia. The Purple Wraith spoke of the murder, revealed that it was not by his hand, but by another, ”who would pay for their actions“. Appearing to grow tired, the wraith disappeared. The injured, which were sera Carla and Mistress Wilena, were brought to the Infirmary. They were attended by Doctor Diana with the assistance of this Chronicler

Though the wraith's actions left some dismayed and few injured that day, hope is still strong. Sera Carla expressed such, when hoping for the execution of the search for the final foci, which would lead to the final extinction of the Hand of Five.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow in our wake.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lady Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;
    Last edited by SeraEloren; 02-09-2016, 04:00 AM.

sera Eloren Misra
Working...
X