X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Attack by an Enemy of the Crown

Sixth Day of the Second Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of an Attack by an Enemy of the Crown.

Conal's attacks on the Outer Bailey have been frequent as of late, with little apparent reason than general malicious intent, but his attack on ser Melle on the early morning of the 6th day of the 2nd moon may have had a different purpose.

Ser Melle recounted that during the early morning, Conal approached him on the center of the Grand Bridge, a location Conal did not often come to even in such wee hours. Hoping to bide his time and allow others to assist him, ser Melle spoke to Conal in an attempt to stay out of the throes of combat. Conal attempted to engage the ser for "fun", as ser Melle quoted, and after eventually growing impatient with the ser's plan to delay for backup, drew his shortsword and challenged ser Melle to do the same.

Combat ensued between the two in the center of the bridge, during which time no other individuals did pass. Ser Melle immediately took up the defensive against the former member of the Conclave, trying his best to avoid Conal's strikes. In his defensive stance, the Preceptor of the Battle Guild was wounded first on the left shoulder, and then his right.

In desperate attempt to save his life, ser Melle drew a knife from his belt and flung it at the attacker, striking Conal directly in the chest. The impact was not fatal, but stunned Conal enough to allow ser Melle to flee and live to tell the tale. As of the time of this chronicle, ser Melle has been treated for his wounds and is expected to recover after having been treated by ser Sinistro, a Nurse of the Royal Healers.

As of this writing, Conal, a former member of the Conclave, has been exiled by the Duchy of Rumiss, for crimes against the Castle Marrach and directly attacking the Duke of Rumiss, Duke Lucus. Conal, a man reported to have performed much violence in the past years, was previously known to have performed a vengeful kill on a member of the Court, and is currently known to be marked by the Hand of the Five, and the Shadows.

When asked what the possible motives were for Conal's particular attack that day, ser Melle stated that he could be on the lookout for more weapons, having stated the intention to "loot" ser Melle's body upon killing him for his longsword. Caution, especially to individuals armed but not of the Chivalry, should be exercised, as Conal has been known to best multiple individuals in combat.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Setsuna Takahashi
    Aspiriant Chronicler
Working...
X