X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bouquet Lecture

Twenty-Seventh Day of the Second Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of
    The Bouquet Lecture.

The Inner Bailey is the most prestigious area within Castle Marrach, home to the Royals, Nobles, Knights and their members. Thus the events held on that side should cater to those of higher ranking. Mistress Juliana, Patron of the Garden Society did exactly that told the attendees at her Bouquet Class and Lecture. The event took place in the Great Hall on the 22nd Day promptly at the eighth late bell. In attendance included Dame Umichan, mistress Wilena, the host and this Chronicler. Mistress Juliana gracefully welcomed the women in the great hall and directed them to piles of flowers and greenery as she instructed on how to build a bouquet.

"First, you want to collect the flowers that you wish, I've cut quite a bit so feel free to be picky," she stated as she continued to instruct on how picking the correct flowers was done. "Once you've collected the flowers you want, gather them together and then bind them." she stated as she continued to educate about flowers.

"Full blooms can be gathered close together, flowers that are sparse with petals can often be paired with fuller leaves and other full blooms, but at staggering lengths to give the arrangement a tiered effect. The wonderful thing about flowers is that they are so beautiful on their own, that almost any arrangement looks striking."

The creation of bouquets continued as the attendees focused closely on what they gathered and how they put them together thanks to the informative words of the hostess. Elmer, the Inner Bailey's pet dog, was overly excited about the event. Wandering through the Great Hall he poked and sniffed at the flowers before stopping at Dame Umichan to prod her with his nose. She chuckled along with others as she informed him he couldn't eat the flowers. He eventually set his sights on a passing cat and the participants returned to their bouquet.

Mistress Juliana conversed throughout the event about flowers and their meanings, "What makes it more intricate, is the meaning and symbolism behind each flower and plant type", explained the mistress, as she gestured to Dame Umichan's bouquet."For instance, catnip symbolizes love, beauty, happiness, and grace while the iris symbolizes wisdom and valor."

The lecture continued as mistress Juliana replied to a question about women gifting flowers to their suitors, "It is unconventional for a woman to give flowers or gifts to a man while suiting, since usually, it is the man who is doing the wooing," she continued, "If you are a woman and you fancy a man, I would suggest a small arrangement that leans more towards the symbolism of friendship, rather than romance. A girl should not show all her emotions so soon into a new, budding relationship. She should keep it mysterious, and subtly. Allow him to be the man and woo with more romantic gifts."

At the conclusion of the event, the three participants were allowed to take their bouquet with them to gift or decorate a room. The hostess thanked everyone for joining and announced there would be future events on bouquets.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm,

Yazmin Reymess
    Senior Chronicler

Working...
X