X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mischievous Gnomes, Part One

Twelfth Day of the Fifth Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of
    The Mischievous Gnomes, Part One.

On the First Day of the Fifth Moon, denizens all around the castle were startled when their usually calm home was disrupted by loud noises and various colors of light within the sky. The sudden commotion caused people to depart what activities they had been doing to travel where the disturbance was the loudest. Inside the Gate Courtyard, denizens and the Royal Army stood, watching and waiting for something to reveal itself as the reason behind the disquietude of the sky. Just as they were to move for an exit, green and purple lights zoomed through the sky and landed in the courtyard with a boom.

Out of curiosity, the group quickly turned to see what invaded their home and upon entering the courtyard, they came face to face with an unusual cylindrical structure that appeared to have been burned. Attached to the scorched construct was a tiny harness, the Royal Army examined the two items, but were unable to get any answers. As they were investigating, another BOOM appeared in the Inner Bailey in, which caused the Army to pause and rush eastward. Ser Vaden and seras Vasilisa, Katherin, and Memphis remained from the original group to observe the heated object taking up the center of the courtyard.

During their observations, a surprising encounter of a gnome caught them off guard. Unlike the other gnomes in this castle, this gnome was clad in black clothing and appeared to be attempting to sneak through the courtyard. Once spotted, the gnome immediately panicked and threw an unknown item to the ground that caused smoke to appear in the room. The smoke completely veiled the gnome and he successfully disappeared, at that time sera Vasilisa blew her duckcall. Lieutenant Natasha and Mistress Wilena appeared just as the smoke cleared and went to locate the gnome after been given a report of the sighting, alas; no gnome was to be found.

The Royal Army gathered the items from the courtyard as well as a harness attached to a small box of tools that was found in the Inner Bailey courtyard and stored them safely in another location. As they situated the items, a toot over the duckcall was heard and they returned to the courtyard where denizens made claims of shadowy figures running across the roofs. This caused a small group to go and check the gnomish structure north of the practice hall for changes. The Lieutenant and Mistress remained in the courtyard just as another smoke bomb fell from the sky obscuring their vision. Once the smoke was cleared, a scroll was left on the ground, written on the scroll was "You're next". The earlier group returned and admitted that nothing came from checking the structure aside odd noises within it. The rest of the evening went on with nothing out of the usual.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm,

Yazmin Reymess
    Senior Chronicler

Working...
X