X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Poetry Bells

Eleventh Day of the Eighth Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the
    Bad Poetry Bells.

A casual discussion between friends about who could compose the most wretched poetry has led to the creation of one of the Outer Bailey's more popular and entertaining regular events.

Mistresses Adeline and Theresa attended an Outer Bailey poetry event to support sera Elora, the hostess. After the event, the two friends chatted as they headed back to the Inner Bailey.

"We somehow stumbled into an amusing conversation about who was the worse poetess between us," Mistress Adeline recalled. "After that, I thought it would be a fun idea to poke fun at poetry or yourself if you're truly not as talented. I asked her to host them with me and she agreed."

The two mistresses chose to hold the event under the auspices of the Royal Library's Outer Bailey library, and planned the first "Bad Poetry Night" by the dining hall's fireside.

The first Bad Poetry Bell event was hosted on the twelfth day of the Seventh Moon, and has continued every Tiu's day since.

The first event had just shy of ten people in attendance, and was full of laughter and friendship.

"Just having people together, laughing (is my favourite thing)," Mistress Theresa noted. "I do not really care how it happens, as long as that is the result. It has been a lot of fun, and I am thrilled (Mistress Adeline) came up with the idea."

In the intervening weeks since inception, the event has attracted some big Inner Bailey names, including Lord Vestio and Sir Howe.

"Lord Vestio and Sir Howe were entirely amusing," Mistress Adeline said with a smile.

The event will continue as long as there is demand and desire for it to continue, Mistress Adeline said.

"People seem to enjoy it no matter who the host is, it's a good feeling to just have a reason to laugh even if it's a silly one," Mistress Adeline said.

"I hope other people are encouraged to create small socials for the Outer. It only takes one person to get something started."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm,
    Euphelia Noronos
    Senior Chronicler
Working...
X