X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Beasts of the Princess' Beastiary

Fifteenth day, Tenth Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of the Recent Awakenings,

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the
    Magical Beasts of the Princess' Beastiary.

For the past several days, and likely for many more days to come, magical and fantastical beasts have roamed the halls of Castle Marrach, having come to life and escaped Princess Maeve's Magical Beastiary.

It was on the tenth day of the Tenth Moon that the Princess came to the Outer Bailey's dining hall, where more than a dozen Marrachians and Conclavers alike had gathered for the evening to socialize.

With her was a magically animated tome, from which she explained "pages" had escaped. They had formed into live creatures, and she needed help in recovering them.

People came and went throughout the evening in search of the beasts, but it wasn't only the beasts that drew attention. The magical tome did as well.

At one point the book, having wriggled free of Princess Maeve's grasp, did seem most agitated. Trying to coax the book, Mistress Theresa sat upon the floor and offered sweet words and coddling, but was rewarded with a book-bite to the face.

Luckily, only a paper cut on her nose resulted.

Still, folks were eager to help, and have so far been looking for the past week for these interesting creatures, hoping to return them to their rightful home.

Incidents of meeting with the beasts have included many meeting with a young fox pup with four tails, whose charming nature seems to captivate the attention of many. Drawn to shiny things, it acts very curious of its surroundings.

Other meetings include interactions with a strange Moth-like sprite, with wings the color of moonlight. They are drawn to light sources, and it fancies eating napkins.

A small bunny-like creature has been seen in the refectory with curled ears, wide eyes and rounded little teeth, and a fluffy tail. When offered tulips, it appears disinterested, but other flowers may entice it.

A tooth fairy has also been seen, skeletal in nature, and trying to communicate without words to those he greets. Gesturing between itself and others, he has been leaving loose teeth in his wake.

A princely stag of night colored fur and most glorious wing-like antlers has been spotted, desiring it seems the most courteous of company. Those who meet him are encouraged to bow.

Still more elusive yet are strange keening howls that have been heard at odd points through the castle. Not much is known of the source of these sounds as of yet, but the author urges their dear readers to caution if they should hear such baleful howls.

While some of these beasts have since been returned to the Beastiary, a full listing is not yet available.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

sera Meryl
    Aspirant Chronicler
    "Heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd / Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd."

Let us go! Though we know it’s a hopeless endeavor.
    The ties that bind, they are barbed and spined, and hold us close forever.
Working...
X