The Queen's tale of the Wild Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queen's tale of the Wild Hunt

Recommended Reading Order - Music, Merriment and Surprises; The Queen's Smiting of the Nightstalker; The Queen's Tale of the Wild Hunt

Twenty-second day, Tenth Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of the Recent Awakenings,

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of
    the Queen's tale of the Wild Hunt.

As the musical evening, which had descended into chaos and bloodshed, began to wind down, Her Royal Majesty regaled the remaining members of the Winter Court with tales of the nature of the nightstalker and the Wild Hunt.

The tale came after the nightstalker had attacked and wounded both ser Pete and Princess Maeve, the Unseelie princess. While the Princess had fled through the use of her magic, wounds unattended, the Queen herself used Her Seelie magic to heal ser Pete.

After the healing was complete, there was discussion about the nightstalker and how the realm could deal with it, as the Queen -- who had used Her magic to smite the beast -- advised that its banishment was temporary.

She revealed that the nightstalker was a beast of the Wild Hunt, which is unleashed on the four corners of the Unseelie realm by the Unseelie Queen, Queen Mabb, every five years for a period of three Moons.

"This hunting party, the Wild Hunt, culls dangers to the realm that have acculumated in the years between each successive Hunt," Queen Vivienne explained to the Winter Court. "Creatures both of the realm of Fae and of Men, anything which threatens the balance of the lands the Unseelie have marked as their own. But it is a primal hunt, a bloodlust, and often anything unfortunate enough to have its scent caught by the Night Stalkers fall victim to the Wild Hunt."

She described the hunting parties as creatures that ride Nightmares, a type of magical fae horse that "heralds death, made of shadow and bone and malice." The horsemen lead the hosts of hunters and nightstalkers to the cardinal points of the compass.

The nightstalker is believed to be one of the creatures to escape Princess Maeve's bestiary, as the Wild Hunt would not normally visit the realm of the Seelie elves, wherein Marrach lies. Also, the timing is not right for a Wild Hunt, as it is not yet the darkest time of the year.

Finally, the attack against Princess Maeve was the largest puzzle of all.

"They are hunters, these Night Stalkers, and Men are but game to them," Queen Vivienne said, before adding in a puzzled tone, "Though it should not have attacked an unseelie Princess as it did."

I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

sera Euphelia Noronos
    Senior Chronicler
    Last edited by Euphelia; 10-24-2017, 04:03 PM. Reason: Corrected a spelling error.
Working...
X