X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Goblin King's trades

Sixth day of the Eleventh Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of
    the Goblin King's trades.

The Goblin King, Bartox, made his way from the Outer Bailey's trash chute to the centre of the Great Bridge to conduct trades with the realm's denizens. His bounty was kept in a ratty sack upon his back, and was culled from the items discarded by people of Marrach.

King Bartox came to the bridge mid-morning on the sixth day of the Eleventh Moon, and the roughly ten people present quickly went to collect trash -- the grosser the better, to suit the King's desires. In return for rotten and mouldy foods, dirty clothing and some bloodied items, the King did trade out many gems, crystals, scrolls and, in the best trade of the day, a bronze spherical object to ser Mitsuko.

The spherical object has two holes for the eyes, and the mostly hollow interior is lined with mirrors. There is a slow where items can be placed in the sphere, and a handle to adjust the mirrors, though ser Mitsuko had not yet completely gotten it to work.

King Bartox, who rode upon the shoulders of ser Brohm to make up for his lesser height, traded fairly with all those who came -- though declined to make second trades with anyone he had previously traded with. The exception was this Chronicler, as she supplied the blood from a cut finger to ser Mitsuko for his trade, for which the goblin gave her a black diamond.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Euphelia Noronos
    Chronicler of the Court
Working...
X