Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Triangle's Emergence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Triangle's Emergence

Seventh day of the Eleventh Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of
    the Triangle's emergence.

The Realm is on high alert after two of the members of the Triangle, a cabal of renegade magi residing in the Under Bailey, were spotted in the Outer Bailey Courtyard around noon on the seventh day of the Eleventh Moon.

The unknown man was first spotted by ser Mitsuko, who was on his way to a martial practice in the practice hall. The man was a stranger to ser Mitsuko, who has been awake some years, and appeared unusual in comparison to the average guests of the Castle. The man did not speak to ser Mitsuko, but turned and exited the courtyard into the stables.

"He wore a ring of the triangle, (and had a) half melted face," Mistress Theresa described after. She was present in the practice hall when ser Mitsuko came to tell of the unusual man in the courtyard.

Lieutenant Gunn of the Royal Army and others adjourned to the Courtyard, but the man was by then gone. However, in the secret room below the stables, which has been tuned by the use of dark magics to be a dank and forbidding place, evidence was seen of someone recently having been present in the form of a cigar butt.

The room is off limits to the realm's denizenry, as the magic there has been known to drive people mad. Only those with sanction of the Royal Army are allowed within.

Uncertain of the meaning of the man's appearance, and concerned that he may be a member of the Triangle, sers Atmos of Rumiss and Victor of Marrach went down into the Under Bailey to the Triangle Gate, the gate to the warded and impenetrable gateway to the Triangle's enclave.

The gate is supposedly "covered with horrible runes," said Master Aratan, who had himself not had the opportunity to see them.

There, the man was spotted again, and though he appeared to be alone, ser Atmos suddenly found someone at his back, with sharp blades against his skin.

"This one didn't make a noise and had us dead," ser Victor said of the woman who appeared behind ser Atmos. "(She) asked if she could kill us."

The two men were permitted to depart, however, and brought the news to the Upper Baileys and Captain Galatea of the Royal Army.

In the past, two Triangle members who fit the description of the man and the woman were seen in the Upper Baileys. The first is known as Ubraxas, the Triangle's Wizard, while the second is the Triangle's Shadow Mage. In the past, the Shadow Mage staged a distraction in the Outer Bailey, during which time Ubraxas allegedly attacked then-Master Uwaine and stole one of the Queen's ethershards.

"Though, I say that loosely," Dame Galatea said of the recollection. "It seems more likely Uwaine traded it to Ubraxas. It was shortly after that Uwaine could suddenly shoot lightning, amongst other things."

The power of the Triangle is not to be trifled with lightly, and anyone spotting these magi are told to summon the army immediately.

"If the Triangle have presented themselves, I imagine there will be need in short time," the Captain said. "They are not known to beat about the bush."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Euphelia Noronos
    Chronicler of the Court
Working...
X