X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nightstalker's Departure

Sixth day of the Eleventh Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of
    the Nightstalker's Departure.

The dreaded Nightstalker, a hound-like creature of the Unseelie Wild Hunt, has appeared to depart the Realm of Marrach, its task completed.

The creature, which has in the past attacked the Unseelie Princess Maeve and wounded both Mistress Adeline and ser Pete, was cornered in the Inner Bailey after appearing -- but not attacking -- in the Outer Bailey.

After being cornered in the Inner Bailey, the Nightstalker appeared to be calmed by Master Emerick, the patron of the Chroniclers and a sorcerer. While the beast remained agitated on and off, it did not attack, instead remaining near its tamer.

A denizen from the Caverns of Rumiss, ser Atmos, called upon Princess Maeve, who attended the courtyard.

"She was not happy (about being summoned)," Mistress Adeline recalled. "She informed us that the Nightstalker had actually been eating the other creatures that came from the (bestiary)."

The Unseelie elf noted that any creatures not already collected and returned to the bestiary had likely been eaten by the Nightstalker, and now that they are all gone, the Nightstalker is leaving.

That does not explain why the beast attacked ser Pete, Mistress Adeline or the Princess herself, noted Dame Galatea, Captain of the Royal Army. She noted the Princess was not looking very well when she appeared in the courtyard to deal with the Nightstalker.

At Master Emerick's command that is "go home," the Nightstalker vanished, and the Princess said she "felt its departure," Dame Galatea noted.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Euphelia Noronos
    Chronicler of the Court
Working...
X