Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Clockwork Creatures and The Stolen Phoenix Ashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clockwork Creatures and The Stolen Phoenix Ashes

Seventh day of the Eleventh Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of The Clockwork Creatures and The Stolen Phoenix Ashes. This Chronicle is part of the Triangle and the Black Dame series.

A swarm of clockwork spiders and soldiers descended upon the Outer Bailey late on the evening of the seventh day, grievously injuring Yeoman Xethos and killing Master Emerick. Larentis, one of Duke Lucus' men, was also slain before the Clockwork Creatures were destroyed by the realm's defenders. Both Master Emerick and ser Larentis have since been resurrected, and the Yeoman recovered from his injuries.

The spiders were, according to the Royal Alchemist, made with alchemy. The Triangle, an ancient cabal of renegades skilled in many forms of magic, invaded the Alchemist’s Hall at the same time, using the clockwork creations as distractions.

Along with clockwork spiders and soldiers, a large stone golem terrorized the Alchemist's Hall. According to reports, this golem withstood over half a dozen of the strongest fighters in the castle.

Ser Gareth commented that "I was not sure the stone golem was going to fall to our blades. I saw half a dozen of the staunchest defenders of Marrach strike it and it merely shrugged their blows off. (Lieutenant) Gunn himself tried to bash it with a shield, and he practically bounced off -- it was utterly incapable of being stunned as a human might be."

As a final warning, Ser Gareth says "Stay away from any clockwork creature, unless you wish to spend some time with the Necromancer."

The clockwork creations appear to be controlled by some sort of crystal. The crystal glows blue when the devices are active, and red when not.

The Triangle has attacked the castle multiple times since the initial attack with more clockwork creatures, and once to steal phoenix ashes from the Phoenix Room.

The theft of the ashes
    Ser Gareth had been in the Refectory, along with ser Meoris, sera Elora, and this chronicler shortly before, and during the time of the theft. After speaking with ser Meoris, who had mentioned the shadows moving after the open hospital bell, ser Gareth consulted with the Vorta Laerna, a magical rattle encased in a turtle shell. After doing so, the ser was shown a vision of a shadowy hand, reaching for and subsequently taking, a phoenix. A Rememberers’ Bell had been scheduled for nine late bells, in the Phoenix Room. Ser Gareth was concerned that the vision might have something to do with the bell, and bolted for the Phoenix Room, on the third floor of the Outer Bailey.

His fears rang true, as he quickly discovered. Miyako, the shadow warrior, had broken into the room, traveling via the shadows into the vault, which, as mentioned earlier, none present could access.

The ashes had been kept in a secret vault only know to a select few people. The locks had been changed on the vault, and only person with access to the vault, sera Evayne Harper, had fallen into a deep slumber, taking the only set of keys with her. The Triangle’s shadow warrior, Miyako, was able to travel into the vault via the shadows, and steal the precious phoenix ashes. The ashes are needed to create a philosopher’s stone, an alchemical object currently being worked on by Master Orson.

Some of those present for the theft were very confused, having been completely unaware of a vault even existing within the room. Ser Vaden was hosting the bell, and was devastated that the Triangle had attacked and stolen such a thing. The Phoenix Room hadn’t been opened in many moons, and a Remembers’ Bell had not been hosted in longer.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

sera Caillean
    Junior Chronicler
Working...
X