Announcement

Collapse

Multiple Downtimes for All Games [Phase 1 Done]

Unfortunately, the whole computing world is facing a major crisis right now thanks to Intel and other major processors missing critical security flaws in their architecture. As a result, our ISP is doing a set of emergency updates to all of their hardware. We are getting about a day's notice on this, and we're told that they're going to need to patch each machine multiple times, which very inconveniently means multiple downtimes.

At this point, all of the Phase 1 Maintenance is Done, and we're awaiting word from our ISP on when Phase 2 will begin. We'll post a new announcement when it does.
See more
See less

The Capture of Ariel and Carla

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Capture of Ariel and Carla

Twenty-Fourth Day of the Twelfth Moon,
    Eighteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance to the will of Her Majesty, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of
    The Capture of Ariel and Carla.

For weeks, the loyal members of Miyako and her shadows have been terrorizing the Outer Bailey denizens. Shadow weapons, wounds, and sometimes even death have followed wherever they went. With their attacks happening only when little denizens were about, this made it hard for the Army to stop them. However, on the nineteenth day of this twelfth moon, everything turned around as two of them were captured.

At the seventh late bell, sera Ariel arrived in the dining hall to toss a scroll at Private Rogra, who at the time was socializing with other denizens. Ser Meoris, a nurse's aide to the Healers took the opportunity to charge at sera Ariel. However, like her recent attacks, she teleported away using a magical staff made of shadow before he could reach her. Unlike the past, the Army was ready this time. Using a well thought out strategy created by Dame Galatea, they were able to trap her. She escaped through the tunnels where she was then cornered and forced to surrender. With the assistance of the Royal Sorcerer, Mistress Blodwen, her weapon was disarmed from her hand. Realizing that she had no open exit to escape to, she gave up and was taken in by the Army where she awaits her sentence.

Just as things began to settle down, another shadow member by the name of Carla appeared in the outer courtyard at the half past of the eighth bell. Lieutenant Natasha was the first to encounter her and ordered sera Carla to stand down. The sera refused to stand down and the two engaged in battle. Sera Natasha gave the first wound, a slight gash on Carla's left arm.

She once again ordered the sera to cease fighting and surrender, Carla did not. A second bout was beginning as Mistress Merrynn and ser Meoris arrived. Seras Natasha and Carla fought hard, but in the end, sera Carla gave the second wound. Using her shadow blade, she landed a nasty blow to Lieutenant Natasha's temple. The sera went down, but not before blowing her duck call.

Knight-Lieutenant Darvius arrived along with four other Army members and outsiders who all joined in to take down sera Carla. Sir Darvius requested that Carla cease the attack and surrender, but like with Natasha she refused while stating, "If I am to be captured, then I might as well make it fun."

The Knight-Lieutenant once again attempted to have her surrender, but still, she refused, even after the next two wounds that were landed on her. However, she was disarmed by Mistress Blodwen who arrived in time to assist the Army. With her weapon gone, she was eventually killed with a final blow from Yeoman Vaden. She too has been taken and awaits her sentence and return from death.

During the fight, ser Meoris along with the other Healers were able to safely transfer sera Natasha to the Infirmary where Apprentice Quinlan would immediately begin surgery. No other denizens were wounded that day and a small victory was won.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm,

Yazmin Reymess
    Senior Chronicler

Working...
X