X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Social of Hearts and Crafts

1st Day of the Third Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the Day of Hearts and Crafts.

With the soft resonant sounds of sera Calliean's harp cascading throughout, and flanked by designs and art both amateur and professional, sera Anna of the Awakeners presented to the populace that joined her in the Bowling Alley Lounge a social of Hearts and Crafts. Individuals from both bailies joined her, each socializing, crafting, cutting, and painting their Heart's desire into the mediums abound. Paint-in-the-color designs outlined by sera Erindrin were brought to resplendent delight as the denizens were made to express their imagination:

"Everyone else's work is what interest me," spoke sera Erindrin, of her outlines being brought to colorful life. "My linework is nothing but a starting point, but their painting is what gives it meaning and heart."

Mistress Juliana provided shrubbery from the Garden Society, a number of bushes meant to be pruned, cut, and shaped into designs, a veritable flora of sculpture. The creativity was brought to the fore with designs both elaborate and simple, each representing the individual's efforts splendidly.

Holding a small wooden figurine of a tree, branching outward in an ironic effort to be what it once was, Mistress Merrynn expressed her art using a medium she is familiar with as a Carpenter: wood. Several small wooden blocks were on hand for all in attendance to try their hand at their own designs.

At the center of it all was the host, sera Anna, of the Awakeners: "The true geniuses today are all of you, who are taking your love into creating form "she spoke, her often shy demeanor pushed aside for the moment of focus.

"It [The Hearts and Craft social] is hosted by the Guild of Awakened, but supported by the Unity of the Arts, Carpenters, and Garden Society." She explained, with the Carpenters submitting the wood and whittling knives, the Unity submitting line-art, and the Garden Society submitting the topiary.

"Ardor Fest is about love in many forms." sera Anna expressed, when asked how the Hearts played into the Hearts and Crafts of the social. "It is about platonic love, filial love, comradeship, unrequited and requited love."

It was evident by the multitude in attendance that Love was indeed in the air for the denizens of Marrach, expressed in many different forms, and designed in many different art styles, through the success of sera Anna's social.

The Hearts and Crafts social is one of many socials going on this week in celebration of Ardor Fest. Please refer to the Public Boards for information on the dates and locations of other events this week.

In attendance this evening were: Dames Umichan and Hannah, Mistresses Juliana, Josie, Merrynn, Master Morgenstern, seras Caillean, Irina, Erindrin, Anna, Rogra, Seraphis, Elora, and Kamilah, and sers Meoris and Gunn.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Setsuna Takahashi
    Junior Chronicler
Working...
X