X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Candlelight Soiree and its Unexpected Surprise

2st Day of the Third Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the Candlelight Soiree, and its Unexpected Surprise.

"We are beyond humbled" sera Anna speaks to me, in reference to the Soiree and the Ardor Fest, now coming to a close around her. "Humbled by the support of our Queen's crafters of all our events, humbled by our friends who helped out, humbled by those who ordered candy couriers and took part in the auction and attended events. This all goes to helping our newest guests, but we never expected such rampant success."

As the last of the guests file out, and the Ardor Fest comes to a close, she smiles "And we are so pleased to end our fest on the perfect, happy note of an engagement!"

With attendance ranging from Noble to commoner, the Candlelight Soiree began with a speak, as sera Anna briefly relayed to the theater about the history of Ardor Fest, "Many, many years ago, Her Majesty's loyal subjects began the Ardor Festival as a way to show their love for Her Majesty and those who had become friends, family, and beloved."

Numbering one hundred and ten orders, the candy courier idea of the Awakeners was a resounding success, a culmination of crafters from many guilds: Ser Meoris and Mistress Josie from the Embinders, who crafted over one hundred gift boxes, sera Calamity who made [strike]the candy truffles, as well as[/strike] the cookies and food for the Soiree, Mistress Isaria and sera Natasha, as clothiers who provided ribbons and other prizes.

After sera Anna's speech, the Royal Awakener, Master Morgenstern, took the stage. Smiling, he congratulated seras Anna and Caillean both, for their hard work in the guild and their works on the Ardor Festival, promoting sera Anna to Assistant Guild Leader, and sera Caillean to Senior Awakener.

As the two newly promoted seras gathered their harps, and Master Morgenstern stepped down from the stage, music began to trickle through the air and the dance floor was swept with love as sera Kamilah and ser Elesin displayed a beautiful movement of dance. The denizens in attendance began to mingle, enjoying the punch and heart shaped cookies, and enjoying the camaraderie of friends and loved ones.

When asked about their favorite parts of the week-long Ardor Fest were, many opinions were turned to the Outer Bailey Tournament.

"The Outer Bailey Tournament was particularly meaningful to us as it permitted a chance for Tyr and I to compete honorably in honor of the love we share for one another. What better experience could one have than to fully celebrate the zeal of mutual affection?" opined sera Seraphus, standing aside her ser Tyr Gunn, of the Royal Guard, victor of said Tournament. Smiling in response, ser Gunn agreed "While it may seem a tad vainglorious of me to proclaim my my favorite event was the tournament in which I was victorious, in truth the tournament gave me an opportunity to exercise my prowess to gallantly demonstrate my effection for sera Indignus. For it was for love and her name in which I fought."

Mistress Merrynn enjoyed the the Hearts and Crafts event as one of her favored moments of the week (Chronicler's note: see previous chronicle for this event) stating "I enjoyed expressing my feelings through the crafts. I'm sure everyone will say tournaments and such, but I enjoyed sharing my expressions in a different way."

Following some light dancing and conversation, sera Anna once again took the fore and announced an auction for items donated to the Awakeners.

"With the way the New Guest Quest works, it is difficult for us to gift them out. Sometimes, items are out of link, not very useful to a new guest, and so forth. They end up sitting in our closet, unused. Tonight, we are auctioning some of them off, as well as some special items made especially for tonight."

Among the items auctioned were a scribing desk and chair combination sold to this Chronicler for one hundred coin, a bookshelf sold to Lady Charmiam for one hundred coin, a box containing a few mystery gifts to sera Elora for two-hundred and sixty coin, a scarf of soft pine green to sera Juliee for thirty coin, and some jewelry to ser Kobe for one hundred and twenty coin.

Following the auction, while those in attendance winded down for the evening, a final surprise was bestowed, in true Ardor fashion. Ser Elesin, gathering the hand of his sera, Kamilah, approach the stage and asked for the attention of all as he took to his knee before her. Facing a surprised look on sera Kamilah's face, he spoke "I have been blessed in ways that I did not know that a man might, in this waking. There are no words to explain it, so I won't try. Sera Kamilah... will you marry me?"

Gasps the only sound, as all in attendance watched for her reply. She leaned to his face, murmuring something to his lips meant only for them, but the result was positive, as he swept her in his arms in a loving embrace, exclaiming to the room:

"She said yes!"

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Setsuna Takahashi
    Junior Chronicler

Correction from recently gathered facts: Sera Calamity provided candies, not chocolate truffles, to the event, specifically because chocolate truffles are reserved for Inner Bailey events. Any chocolates utilized for the event or candygrams were obtained by other methods not made known to this chronicler . Once again, this chronicler apologies for any mistakes made in the chronicle.
    Last edited by Setsuna; 03-06-2018, 03:01 PM.
Working...
X