X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Naughty Rabbit and his contribution to the Royal Collegium

Fourth day of the Fourth Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of the Naughty Rabbit and his contribution to the Royal Collegium.

A small group of scholastic-minded members of the Winter Court and Her Majesty's honoured guests gathered in the Inner Bailey's banquet hall to attend a lecture by a Master of the Humanities, Mistress Jerisa.

The lecture, entitled 'A Scholastic Presentation of the Forms of Literature,' was held at nine late bells on the fourth day of the fourth moon. The small size of the gathering allowed the lecture to become more of a discussion, as Mistress Jerisa invited the opinion of all, deftly drawing it forth with questions and comments designed to encourage participation.

By using a story of a farmer, his cabbages, the naughty and destructive rabbits of the local lord and the constable who comes to keep the peace, Mistress Jerisa was able to reveal how the same story can change its tone and the sympathy of the listener or reader through style and form.

In totality, listeners were treated to prose (the constable's report and a chronicle), poems (a haiku, sonnet and epic), and verbal story-telling style.

Ser Pete, who was one of the attendees, grew quite animated during the reading of the saga, likening it to the stories of the fabled Potato War of Castle Marrach's earliest days of new awakenings.

"Squires also often had to speak tales of their sire, to make folk in awe of their knight," he noted.

The stalwart, short ser also noted that he was glad to support the Royal Collegium and Mistress Jerisa.

"Literature isn't my normal cup of tea," he noted but said he quite enjoyed himself. The sentiment was shared by the remainder of the group.

That outcome seemed to please the Humanities' Master, who noted, "There's nothing that says scholarship can't be fun!"
    This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Euphelia Noronos
    Chronicler of the Court
    Last edited by Euphelia; 04-12-2018, 06:23 PM.
Working...
X