X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Faerie's Message

Twelfth day of the Fourth Moon,
    Ninteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspriant Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the
    The Faerie's Message.

The future freedom of more than a dozen residents of Mount Ardan is in the hands of the Queen and Her Father after a surprise visit from the faerie Tearlag, envoy to the Unseelie Queen Mabb.

Those gathered for a training session the Practice Hall recently had no idea that they were about to bear witness to an important message from one Queen to another. On the eighth day of the fourth moon, midway between four and five late bells, Her Highness Princess Maeve's handmaiden, the small faerie Tearlag, appeared, materialising out of a tear of purple energy in the air. Tearlag has been seen before in the Castle and was recognised by her tiny size and faun-like appearance. A hush fell over all those present who knew better than to antagonise the fae.

Selecting Lieutenant Adahn as the highest ranked person present, and one who was familiar with the events concerned, Tearlag announced she had a message for him. Though she serves as the Princess' handmaiden, Tearlag said she is the voice of Queen Mabb, the Princess’s Royal Mother, and is here to care for Princess Maeve and see to her affairs. As the voice of the Unseelie Queen, Tearlag asked Lieutenant Adahn to deliver an important message to Queen Vivienne.

The message was that Queen Mabb extends an offer of marriage between Princess Maeve and Prince Vortigen, the son of King Auberich and our own Queen’s brother.

Queen Mabb offered this marriage as a means to free the prince from the Dreamscape where he is trapped. It will also release from further threat those citizens who travelled to the Dreamscape to attempt to free the Prince.

The rescue attempt took place early in the second moon after the cleansing of the Avalon Glade. The valiant group, which was made up of residents of the three baileys including nobility and chivalry, entered the dream realm where after much battle they faced the Sandman. He would not release Prince Vortigen and made various threats against them.

Her Majesty Queen Vivienne has been given a few moons to reach a favourable decision regarding the marriage of Prince Vortigen and Princess Maeve. If a decision is not reached, those who were sent to rescue him from the Sandman, will be sucked back in to the dream realm and their minds trapped there forever.

Lieutenant Adahn ensured that the faerie’s message was delivered safely into the hands of one of Her Majesty’s trusted handmaidens who saw it delivered to Queen Vivienne. What happens now is up to Her Royal Majesty and Her father, King Auberich of Avalon, to decide.

(In addition to Lieutenant Adahn, those present at the faerie’s appearance were Doctor Aloria, Yeoman Celaena, ser Enrico, Mistress Josie, Mistress Merrynn, ser Mark Trevayne, ser Victor and ser Meoris.)

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Sera Tine
    Aspirant Chronicler
    - Tine
    Junior Chronicler
    Unity Member
Working...
X