X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duel Between ser Trevayne and ser Victor

Twelfth day of the Fourth Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of "The Duel Between ser Trevayne and ser Victor."

A clash rang through the Practice Hall as the swords of sers Trevayne and Victor connected in a fierce duel.

The challenge was issued on the eighth day on the fourth moon, after Victor had spoken unkind statements at a martial practice held by Lieutenant Adahn. (See additional Chronicle: The Confrontation in the Practice Hall)

The set date was the eve of the twelfth day of the fourth moon, at ten late in the practice hall. Trevayne was the first to arrive, and to clear his mind in the silent calm of the practice room. Ser Victor arrived shortly before the tenth bell, though his second, sera Juliee, had not arrived yet. Ser Santilius, a Duelist in attendance, proffered himself as a stand-in second.

A expectant hush fell over the crowd gathered as the two stepped to the center. The blades were shown, ser Trevayne wielding a rapier, while ser Victor fought with his great sword. The seconds, Mistress Josie and ser Santilius respectively, carefully checked the blades, making sure neither had been tampered with. Mistress Josie simply announced: “I trust his blade and the one in my hands. They are fit for the task." At this time sera Juliee entered the room, and ser Santilius turned to duties of second over to her respectfully.

With two simple words, Victor stepped to the center. “Let’s bleed.”

Mistress Josie first announced the terms of the duel, before deferring the two primaries to the center. "This duel is to submission, or three touches, whichever comes first. After each touch we will halt and determine if both parties consent to proceeding."

The first touch of the night went to ser Victor, who was able to catch ser Trevayne’ left forearm, after a swift first round. Before continuing to the second round, ser Trevayne asked if there were any Duelists in the room, which was answered with tilted hats, bowed heads, and a cheer “For Honor.”

Continuing into the second round, the swords of the two clashed as they entered a swift dance, circling each other like prey. However, with a harsh slice, ser Victor took the second round as well with a slice to Trevayne’s chest. Ser Trevayne insisted on continuing to a third and final bout, requesting to halt any medical care until the end. As this was said, ser Victor remarked about his opponent simply “Brave man.”

As they were about to continue to the third and final bout, ser Trevayne simply remarked, that "Though you have satisfied the terms, Victor, I am sure you understand my need for this final touch." Victor met his opponent’s eyes clearly and bowed his head, replying swiftly, "I do. And I respect you for it."

However, the final touch was not destined to be his, as in a final fiery bout, Victor managed to take one final touch to ser Trevayne’s cheek.

After the conclusion of the three bouts, Mistress Josie, ser Trevayne’ second, announce that “Victor has proven victorious. The conditions of the duel have been satisfied and the terms will be honored as previously agreed upon."

The crowd slowly dissipated as ser Trevayne’s injuries were tended to by Doctor Aloria, and those who remained for a few brief moments sat in contemplation of the duel that had just passed.

Those present for the duel include Doctor Aloria, Mistresses Josie and Merrynn, seras Juliee and Vasilisa, Lieutenant Adahn, sers Trevayne, Santilius, Colby, Vaden, Enrico, and Victor, and This Chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

sera Caillean
    Senior Chronicler
    https://imgur.com/gallery/L8T5q
Working...
X