X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fire Festival, and its Ongoing Harvest

8th Day of the Fifth Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the Fire Festival, and its Ongoing Harvest.

In an effort to restore the Royal Champion of His Majesty, King Auberich to full strength, the denizens of Marrach and Rumiss have come together to obtain many small, glowing embers throughout many different stations and nodes strewn throughout the Outer Bailey. Such a task is not without its own personal reward, aside from the noble task of assisting the Royal Champion of King Auberich, Champion Aysiah. Each ember thrown into the fire rewards the individual with a red coin, which is being reported to be special currency for a vendor forthcoming.

At each of the stations, an individual can perform tasks such as archery and mining, or picking flowers and hunting flaming rodents. Each task will reward an ember to be throw into the fire and assist in the strengthening of the Champion Aysiah. The following tasks and their locations, currently ongoing as of this posting:

The Gate Courtyard, containing a large obsidian column, where miners may obtain a pickaxe and chip away for bits of obsidian, red tinted chunks of steel ore, and roughly unprospected red gems, along with the aforementioned embers.

The Sunset Room, housing a large group of vines that can be carefully worked through in order to obtain red tulips, yellow sunflowers, or the rare flaming rose. It should be noted that Lady Hieronyma is currently seeking these rare flaming blooms for future research.

The Practice Hall, where a target has been set up to award individuals wishing to shoot a bow and arrow at it with embers depending on ones skill. A bulls-eye will net you five embers, the inner ring: two, and outer ring: one.

The Western Parapets, west of the Outer Bailey guest rooms, has a small group of trees that can be harvested for logs, strange sap, or small smoke cones. The logs harvested from these trees can be brought to the carpenters, who will split the logs for lumber (charred oak, black oak, and the rare flaming oak) at the cost of the individual providing.

Throughout the Outer Bailey are numerous flaming rodents, harmless and weak, that may be caught and skinned for embers, as well as pieces of black bone and bolts of moleskin.

The altar in the Outer Bailey Shrine has been prepared for those who wish to pray to the altar for the safe return of Champion Aysiah, or leave a small gift to bless her return.

Finally, the Stables contain a large nest filled with the various items that the flame rodents have procured and stored, allowing one to chance at obtaining many of the things found at the other stations, as well as the important glowing embers.

The bonfire, located in the Outer Bailey Courtyard, is the center of the Festival, allowing those who obtain the embers to throw them at the fire and empower the Royal Champion's return, a small fire elemental sleeping close by. Her Majesty's denizens work together in this effort to help the return of one of Her strongest allies, so that such Festive times may continue unhindered.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Setsuna Takahashi
    Junior Chronicler
Working...
X