Announcement

Collapse

Downtime Report: Wednesday Night

We had an abrupt and unannounced downtime for all games and services starting sometime after 9pm PT on Wednesday evening. This was due to a massive power outage at our cloud computing facility of the sort that redundant systems are supposed to ensure never happen. After about an hour they were able to diagnose that the power was out. It took a few more hours for them to start restoring service.

At this moment, everything is back up except for Ironclaw and TEC. At the rate they're restoring things, I hope those will be back up in the next 15-30 minutes, but it's entirely in their hands.

As is typically the case with a sudden reboot, TEC and GR have to be rolled back. This is already done with GR. The TEC rollback should be just a few hours due to the more recent backups recently instituted, but I need to get the machine back before I can verify that.

Update: Ironclaw and TEC are now back too. The TEC rollback was 2.5 hours, from 9.30pm PT (when everything crashed) to 7.00 pm PT.
See more
See less

Awakening Stories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awakening Stories

Seventeenth day of the Fifth Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of
    Awakening Stories.

Stories about people’s Awakening experiences have recently appeared on the notice boards. Collecting these stories was the idea of sera Taite, a Senior Awakener. Awakeners can be recognised by the silver Awakener's necklace with a silver medallion inscribed "The Awakened" on one side and engraved with a castle on the other.

Sera Taite herself awoke around six moons ago and joined the Awakeners wanting to help people in the way that she was helped, saying that she knows what it's like to wake and not know anything, no people nor any of their stories. She was comforted by those who greeted her and wishes to do the same for others.

Speaking about the inspiration to create the collection, sera Taite said, "Everyone awoke here because Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne heard our voice and believed us to have potential ... What makes everyone's story different than another is the experiences that one has. With that in mind, being an Awakener, it's important to let newly awakened know about the possibilities of who they can become, and this dream can be molded or envisioned by the experiences that we have.”

The first submissions event which was arranged by sera Taite, was about inspiration, and people from all over the castle sent in their quotes. She is pleased with the response to the current call for Awakening Stories and hopes to fill a book of people's experiences, to show the Newly Awakened that there is a variety of new experiences adding hope and excitement.

People have responded to the call for stories about their memories and experiences. So far four stories have been published, including that of sera Taite herself. The stories of ser Meoris, sera Taite, ser Ra’Dorcha and ser Anton may be read here.

Reading others’ stories may give people ideas about which experience they would like to submit. Stories will be accepted until the first day of the sixth moon, though that date may be extended, depending on circumstances.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the
    Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Junior Chronicler
Working...
X