X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunt: A Game of Cunning, Deception, and Intrigue

Twenty-fifth day of the Fifth Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of
    The Hunt: A Game of Cunning, Deception, and Intrigue.

Howls reverberated, bodies lay lifeless, citizens shouted accusations at each other and there was talk of werewolves and lynchings. What happened in the Outer Bailey?

As gruesome as it sounds, this was all in good fun. An entertaining game, hosted by sera Kimmi on behalf of the Household of Lady Charmiam, took place in the Outer Bailey Theatre on Tiu's Day evening.

The invitation promised a fun, suspenseful mystery game and those attending were not disappointed. The theatre was decorated with twilight and forest organdie decorative streamers and cloths on the tables which were laden with tasty snacks and delicious drinks.

As the game was introduced by sera Kimmi the theatre filled with howls. A picture was painted of a village in turmoil, suffering attacks from werewolves. Roles were randomly, and secretly, assigned to the players who became Villagers, Werewolves, Seer, Doctor or Minion. Then the game began and several days in the village played out over the next bell or two in the theater.

Each morning, a victim was discovered bitten or dead with the players hilariously feigning death. The remaining players had then to discover which among them was a werewolf. After accusations and trials, the convicted werewolf was lynched and only at death was their true role revealed as a werewolf or as an innocent villager. When the last night came, and the village slept, only three players remained in the game.

In the morning, sera Setsuna lay dead, killed by the wolf as she tried to save ser Aldrick. Thus it was revealed that sera Nariseth was the remaining wolf and the overall winner of the game. Saying there was "much fun to be had with this game,"Ł sera Nariseth had the first choice of the prizes, figurines made by sera Vasilisa representing the moon and various wolves. None of the players left empty-handed, with each receiving a figurine to keep.

Everyone present seemed to really enjoy the game, whether they were a player or an observer. Ser Kobe said, "I really like this game, even if I didn't play. It was fun to see people play politics and attempt to decide who was good or evil."

Ser Aldrick emphasised that "the game proves that the most important thing is to trust in those around you, and aim to see the goodness in their hearts."

Sera Kimmi was pleased that the game played out so well and confirmed that she will host this game again. Next time it will likely be held in the Inner Bailey and she said, "I am very excited for how well this worked out, and that everyone seemed to enjoy it so. This will not be the last time this is played, by a long shot."

(Players and observers present were Sera Kimmi, sera Taite, ser Rowe, sera Nariseth, ser Aldrick, ser Meoris, Mistress Merrynn, ser Qader, sera Vasilisa, sera Sabriel, ser Kievn, sera Kamilah, sera Meryl, sera Elora and sera Setsuna and this chronicler.)

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the┬ Denizenry┬ of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Junior Chronicler
    Last edited by Tine; 05-25-2018, 01:46 PM.

Tine
    Junior Chronicler
    Unity Harlequin
    Administrative Assistant to Doctor Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X