X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Party by the Pool

Twenty-ninth day of the Fifth Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of
    the Party by the Pool.

In an effort to provide the women of the Winter Court an evening of relaxation and decadent pleasure, the households of Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne and Her Lady-in-Waiting, Lady Sinvy, banded together to arrange an evening by the Avalonian Pool. The majority of the planning was done by Mistress Ezraella of the Queen's Household, and Mistress Josie of Lady Sinvy's Household.

The seras-only event was open to women of the Winter Court, as well as those serving in Royal, Noble or Knightly Households.

"Mistress Ezraella and I both agreed that we need more regular Inner events, so we're going to try to commit to delivering," Mistress Josie explained. "More than that though, events that are not centred upon 'stuff' and are more people-focused are important. Stuff can be nice, but all the truly important stuff is within us as individuals, so getting to know that and each other is something we should all work on doing."

The event started at nine late bells and ran nearly to midnight, with women frolicking in the soothing pool of Avalon while Lieutenant Adahn of the Royal Army stayed on guard nearby, but out-of-sight.

To ensure all attending seras could maintain their modesty, the two Mistresses worked together to ensure enough bathing wraps were available for the attendees, a gift they could keep afterwards for future use at similar events. Modesty screens were set up, allowing the seras in attendance to shed the wintry and courtly garb for the modest wrap, allowing them to swim without burden.

The event was well-attended, with nobles happily swimming alongside those of common rank. When not swimming or sitting by the pool's fountain or on the concentric ring steps, women could enjoy wine and delicious food from the Inner's Kitchens and deft hands of the Royal Cooks.

An unexpected guest, the fae child visiting from a future timeline, Princess Maeveen, attended, giving up her own floating toy to prevent the recently bound sorceress, Mistress Euphelia, from drowning. She spent the evening playing alongside the women of the Winter Court, having her hair styled by Mistress Ezraella and splashing people. The joyous feeling of the evening was augmented by the Princess' magic, which ensured no one had an unpleasant time.

"I had not thought we would be blessed by the little princess coming and sharing her joy and love with everyone," Lady Charmiam, who attended with her maid, Mistress Isaria, said. She was particularly impressed by the beauty of the location. "The moons and the stars and the aurora and the wishing star all add to the magic of this place. This has been an evening to remember."

As the guests began to drift off, damp but content, the hostesses made sure to tidy the pool area.

"The turnout was much better than I personally expected," Mistress Josie said, noting she had expected a handful of attendees -- and gotten three times that. "Certainly, being graced with the presence of Nobles and Royals is always unexpected and very much appreciated. That people were willing to take time out of their schedules to just come and exist and enjoy one another is very uplifting and encouraging."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the
    Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

Euphelia
    Noronos
    Chronicler of the Court
    Last edited by Euphelia; 05-30-2018, 12:44 PM.
Working...
X