X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Skating by Candlelight event

Seventh day of the Seventh Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of "The Skating by Candlelight event."

Candles danced across the frozen pond in the Royal Garden during the Skating by Candlelight event, held on behalf of Lord Sicard's Household.

The delightful evening, hosted by ser Meoris, was a beautiful gathering accompanied by music, wine, and small delights crafted especially for the evening by Master Geoffry, the Royal Cook. Icewine was a popular drink for the evening, whilst the candied apples and fire eggs were delicious treats.

In ser Meoris' own words, the evening was one of reflection and thanks, along with the joy of skating and company.

"We skate by candlelight this eve, to represent the light that Her Majesty has graced us with, and to share that light with each other in the darkness."

For some, it was their first time on the ice, and there were more than a few occasions of almost falling. But spirits were high, as the evening was accompanied by the harp music of sera Caillean. A large bonfire crackled as the attendees found their footing, either around the fire itself or on blades as they skated around the frozen pond.

The event lasted more than two bells, and was attended by Lord Sicard, Lady Charmiam, Master Pete, mistresses Adeline and Merrynn, seras Elora and Caillean, and ser Kobe.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

sera Caillean
    Senior Chronicler
    Last edited by Caillean; 07-08-2018, 09:41 AM.
Working...
X