X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Evening of Heraldry and Art

Twelfth day of the Seventh Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of "An Evening of Heraldry and Art."

A grand series of Heraldic paintings filled the Royal Ballroom in a gallery designed to showcase the various coats of arms of the Royalty, Nobility, and Chivalry of the Castle.

The event was hosted by ser Elesin, Squire to Dame Eeva, on the twelfth day of the seventh moon, being sponsored by the Royal Chambers and Mistress Josie. The paintings were created by several of the keep’s talented artists, including Mistress Josie, seras Natasha and Elora, and sers Elesin and Meoris.

Four large screens were stationed throughout the Ballroom, with each displaying several paintings. The paintings were sorted intrinsically, as well as between the ordained and free Knights. To accompany the art and as an introduction to the language of Heraldry, small booklets were provided that explained the basics, as well as described each of the coats of arms in proper blazon, the terminology used for Heraldry. A more musical accompaniment was provided by sera Caillean, on the lap harp, for the duration of the event.

Squire Elesin gave a brief introduction, and first thanked those present for attending the evening.

"It has been my pleasure to learn much about the art and science of this form of symbolic communication, much more than I originally had imagined, to be entirely honest. I had not thought to enjoy the process quite as much. What I've learned, however, is that the simple use of color and symbolism can communicate much more about an individual than reading a chronicle of their history might ever express."

He continued with a smile, as those gathered listened closely to his words.

"And therefore, the art gained further traction for me, as something very simplistic at first glance, but very complex in true nature. Much like each of us. A small portion of what I have learned is located in the booklet I've presented to each of you tonight. I will make sure that each of you has one before you leave, of course. You will also find, on the final page, a list of each of the official blazonry for each painting, with something very important missing… You will see that the identity of whom the painting represents is missing. Feel free to fill them in as best you might, though some of you will be quite good at it, of course, having studied this art. And I shall share with all the correct listing of identities towards the end of our evening."

The evening continued with pleasant conversation as those present wandered through the exhibit, admiring the vast array of paintings and attempting to determine who each painting represented.

As the evening drew to a close, Dame Eeva presented her Squire with a cloak, which was awedly gathered by him. The cloak displayed her coat of arms; sable, a pale endorsed argent. He gratefully slipped the cloak over his shoulders, sharing his deepest appreciation with the Dame before she left.

"You honor this one, Commander. More than words."

Those present for the evening include the newly named Master of Heraldry Lord Vestio, Lord Sicard, Lady Charmiam, Dame Eeva, Sir Darvius, mistresses Josie and Merrynn, seras Finna and Elora, ser Meoris and this Chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me though discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm,

sera Caillean
    Senior Chronicler

Working...
X