X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Dolph’s Proposal

Tenth day of the Ninth Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Doctor Dolph’s Proposal.

Those gathered in the Inner Bailey jewellers’ workroom were surprised this evening when Royal Chief of Medicine, Doctor Dolph, called for the attention of everyone present. Some suspected he was to announce a medical emergency such as the Burning Sickness. Assuring those present that it would not intrude on Mistress Lilly's bell for too long, the Doctor then conveyed a message that was far more pleasant.

The Doctor set everyone’s thoughts whirling when he said ”Sera Kimmi has, for as long as I have known her, been a loving, and sweet individual. I have seen her grow from a timid shy woman into a respectful and courteous person who has opened my eyes into a feeling of love that I did not know I was missing. I have been blessed to be courting her for these many moons, and hope that she will bless me with everlasting love, as I know that I have for her."

He then knelt before sera Kimmi and presented her with a ring asking, "Kimberly, will you pledge to be my future, and make me the happiest individual I have ever expected to be?"

Sera Kimmi appeared very emotional and happy when she responded affirmatively, repeating “Yes” several times, at which the Doctor slid the ring onto her finger.

The ring which Doctor Dolph gave to sera Kimmi was made by the Royal Jeweller, Mistress Lillian-Rose and is a platinum and iolite engagement ring of formal design. It has dainty iolite accents and a faceted iolite setting. This is a circular band worn on the finger to denote betrothal to another individual.

Sera Kimmi is an Honoured Guest, Royal Page and Bodyservant to Lady Charmiam. Doctor Dolph is a Courtier, Headmaster of the College of Medicine, Royal Chief of Medicine and Head of House to Sir Launfal. After they are married, the couple will arrange for the treasury to create a doorway, so their rooms connect.

When asked when they might be wed, Doctor Dolph replied, "There is no rush. The preparations and rituals towards a Faith wedding should never be rushed.” This will be the first Faith wedding for many years. The First Acolyte will be consulted regarding the rituals.

Also present were Lady Charmiam, Mistress Lilly, Mistress Adeline, sera Calamity, sera Sabriel and ser Meoris.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Junior Chronicler

Tine
    Chronicler of the Court
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X