X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Awakener

Fourth day of the Eleventh Moon,
    Nineteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of
    A New Awakener.

This evening a small oath-taking took place in the office of the Awakeners as the newest member of their ranks was sworn in.

The Awakener Office was recently built from the grey castle stone and is to be found east of the Sunset Room. It is simply furnished and decorated with plants, tapestries and a wind chime. The Royal Awakener, Master Morgenstern, performed the short ceremony to take the oath of sera Sabriel.

After confirming that she had no questions, Master Morgenstern led sera Sabriel through the oaths and sera Sabriel swore as follows:
    I, Sabriel St. John, Do solemnly swear to serve Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne, and His Royal Highness, Prince Bertram, by bringing what help I can to Her guests in the Outer Bailey. I will attend to them, clothe them and offer them my companionship.

I will endeavor to help prepare and teach the newly awoken the customs, traditions and laws of our home. I will show by action and word how to honor our Queen. I will be a mentor, a friend, a guide and example at all times to the guests of Her Majesty's realm.

"I pledge that I will strive to conduct myself in a courteous and respectful manner to all denizens, domestic and foreign, so that I represent the generosity and grace of Her Majesty. I will obey all Laws and Guidelines set forth by Her Majesty and Her Ministers and forever be loyal to Her Majesty.

Master Morgenstern then welcomed sera Sabriel to the guild saying, “As the Royal Awakener, I hereby accept your oath and welcome you,” and presented her with a silver Awakener's necklace, "This necklace is your uniform and will allow you to hear and be informed of the name of new guests as they wake.” A training guide was also given and so that the newest Awakener can use it as a reference.

Speaking after the ceremony, sera Sabriel said that she joined the Awakeners to make it official because she was already helping the Newly Awakened. “I live to serve this keep and Her Majesty and her people. In whatever capacity I do that, I always put others before myself. And live the humble life of a devoted servant. Helping the new guests and being kind is what I naturally feel called to do, whether I was with the Awakeners or not.

Regular Awakeners bells will resume this week starting this moon's day. The Awakeners are always seeking denizens who are willing to volunteer their time to Her Majesty's newest guests.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Junior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X