X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Doctor

Sixth day of the First Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of
    A New Doctor.

There was a surprise in store for those gathered in the Infirmary in the Outer Bailey to witness the induction of Mistress Tristana into the Healers by the Royal Chief of Medicine, Doctor Dolph.

Introducing the Healers in general, Doctor Dolph spoke of the difficult path the Healers tread with much study and patience required. Many who start on the path do not continue but those who do have earned it by work, belief, helping others and diligent study. Healers “ help keep the Royal Necromancer from having to overwork himself.”

Calling Mistress Tristana forth, the good doctor said, “She has lived in the keep almost as long as myself, and has been in many different positions. Now she practices medicine, and through my observation, I believe she will be a boon to the Keep and the Healers."

Mistress Tristana then took the Healers vow before Doctor Dolph and the witnesses present and was welcomed by him, “… as Leader, Patron, and Royal Chief of Medicine, I proclaim you avowed and official Nurse's Aide.” She presented with a pewter caduceus pin which identifies a member of the healers (a staff with twin snakes curling around it from the bottom up, and at the top of the staff, two wings, outstretched).

The Royal Chief of Medicine then informed the gathering that another woman was to receive a special honor, that takes years to accomplish. "Not everyone obtains this. Healers will often reach the rank of Nurse, maybe even apprentice if they are particularly special. It is rare, that one is selected to ascend further into the ranks. The best of the Healers are Doctors. They teach, they mend, they embody what a healer should aspire to be."

Saying he had only had three apprentices in his time as Royal Chief of Medicine, and no new doctors, Mistress Merrynn was called forth. The Doctor praised her and explained she had consistently gone above and beyond the call of duty and exemplified the model of a Doctor. She was then presented with a shiny gold caduceus pin and shall henceforth be nows as Doctor Merrynn.

In closing, Doctor Dolph said that the Healers have striven to ensure their numbers are well populated so that services to Crown and Keep are always available. If anyone has interest in pursuing the path, they should contact Doctor Dolph who will interview and recruit people.

Present were Doctor Dolph, Lady Charmiam, sera Juliee, Mistress Tristana, sera Vasilisa, Doctor Merrynn, sera Nariseth, Mistress Juliana, Mistress Ezraella, sera Kona and ser Edstave.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court
    Squire to Sir Edstave
    Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X