• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Organizations of Castle Marrach: The Office of the Chronicler

Twenty-Sixth day, First Moon
    Twentieth
    Year Recent Awakenings,

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of The Office of the Chronicler.

The Office of the Chronicler is led by the Court Chronicler, Mistress Euphelia, and serves the Lord Chamberlain, Sir Launfal, their sponsor. The Office presently consists of the following members:
    • Patron: Master Emerick
    • Court Chronicler: Mistress Euphelia
    • Senior Chroniclers: seras Setsuna, Tine, Yazmin
    • Junior Chroniclers: ser Bexley
    • Aspirant Chroniclers: various
    There are no records of the earliest history of the Chroniclers, as all Chroniclers of the Court prior to the most recent Awakenings "have had unfortunate accidents," according to Volume I of Guilds and Organizations, which can be found in the Outer Bailey Library. Sera Blancheflour was the first of the recent Awakenings to join under the Lord Chamberlain, and the Office has been active ever since.

The Chroniclers are located in the Clock Tower, a symbolic location as the clock keeps time, and the Chroniclers keep record of that time, explained Mistress Euphelia. However, the office itself has been renovated more than once, in an attempt to keep the Chroniclers functional.

When the Chroniclers were given the space, it was a sole, cold and poorly lit room. It was renovated in the Fifth year of Recent Awakenings to be more comfortable, with a two-room design that gave the Chroniclers a place to work without interruption as well as a place to have guests come by to socialize or be interviewed.

That would be the layout found today if not for a tragic fire in the tower in the Thirteenth Year of Recent Awakenings. The fire destroyed part of the tower, and severely damaged its structure. While the Keep rallied to support the Chroniclers as much as possible, it took moons of labour and special attention by Master Quilp to mend the fire-ravaged and cracked stone.

Now comfortable in their redesigned office, the Chroniclers can focus on their goal -- "to keep a record of the day-to-day happenings of the Keep, from special or rare occurrences to the more mundane," for Her Majesty and the other denizens of the castle, sera Euphelia explained. Guests can help the Office of the Chronicler by reporting events they witness which may be of interest to the general populace. The aforementioned matter is extremely helpful in cases where a Chronicler was not present to witness a particular event, but must write of it due to its importance or potential interest to the readers.

Chroniclers join as Aspirants and are taught by those senior in the office, rising in rank to Junior and then Senior, based on talent, dedication, and desire. Benefits include permission to learn Teanga and Eastern, to wear burgundy, access to the Inner Bailey to cover events, and more.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers to indicate discreetly to me any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Updated by Euphelia: Twelfth day of the Tenth Moon, 18th YRA
    Updated by Tine: Twenty-sixth day of the First moon, 20th YRA

Tine
    Chronicler of the Court
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X