X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival

Fifth day of the Second Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Second Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival.

The theme of the second day of this year’s Ardor Festival was Romance.

Mistress Ezraella led a painting class in the theatre where those attending were encouraged to create something romantic, "Most people think romance should depict a pair of people in love; but romance in art is more about what the painting can project that gives the feeling, the emotions, of romantic persuasion. Try and think outside of the norms of 'romantic relationship' and think of romantic settings or romantic emotions, and put that to your paint.”

The event was honoured by the attendance of several courtiers as well as Outer Bailey residents. The resulting creations covered a range of subjects including storms, fires, birds, unicorns, bears and dogs, but with all indicating love, sharing or protection. The paintings will remain on display in the theatre for the duration of the festival.

The second event of the day was a romantic dance class at which Mistress Josie taught the Ardor Waltz and several pairs gracefully moved around the stage simulating a romantic encounter. Before and after the event, those present were entertained by ser Bartley and sera Meryl performing.

In the evening, the Romantic Game night was well attended with two teams playing a game of twenty questions to see how well they knew each other. Sera Meryl and ser Halvard triumphed and receive their prize of a private romantic picnic in the Avalon Glade. They generously ceded their prize to those who came in second place.

The Ardor Festival continues all week, culminating in the Ardor Ball on Saturn’s evening.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X