X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival

Sixth day of the Second Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Second Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival.

The third day of this year’s Ardor Festival was themed Platonic love.

As on the second day, the first event was a painting bell led once more by Mistress Ezraella, with the theme “what love is to us or what symbol we think of love”. The resulting art works reflected hearts, butterflies and cake among other touching subjects. The paintings will remain on display in the theatre for the duration of the festival.

The afternoon’s dance class required no partner as Mistress Josie explained, “This arrangement is called the Line Lock. I wrote it at the request of Lady Charmiam who felt there were not enough dances of a friendly nature that could be done by people of the same gender.” It was noted that dance does not always need to be of love to be enjoyed. The Line Lock required the dancers to stand in a straight line and move together back and forth and sideways with the occasional twirling with locked arms.

In the evening, the Refectory was once more filled with gaiety and laughter as teams competed to put their friendship to the test to see how much they knew about the castle and their friend. After a very close match, ser Victor and sera Tine were declared the winners knowing more about each other than the runners-up.

The last event of the day, was hosted by the librarians. Those attending learned about poetry and poetic forms. Poetry can be used to express emotions, be they romantic or platonic, and different kinds of loves, those of friends and dear-ones. The winner of the Prose poem contest was sera Mallegra who wrote of her love for people she is close to, her pet leech and a purple princess. The winner of the Sonnet poem contest was sera Diana with a very moving poem about hopeful love. Ser Halvard’s touching poem about stars in the sky was voted a close second.

The Ardor Festival continues all week, culminating in the Ardor Ball on Saturn’s evening.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X