X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival

Seventh day of the Second Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Fourth Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival.

Activites on Woden’s day, the fourth day of the Ardor Festival, comprised a Treasure Hunt and a Sack Race.

Gathering in the Outer Bailey courtyard in the afternoon, several teams competed to collect a variety of items according to the list given by Master Morgenstern. Players soon scattered all over the Baileys, tackling the task with high spirits. Such odd things as a plank of wood, a flower that will never die and an Ardor story were required. The Treasure Hunt was won by ser Nadir and sera Nariseth. The team of seras Alyndra, Mallegra and Tine came in second place.

The evening event for the fourth day of the Festival was a Sack Race in the Practice Hall. Two teams entered this unique race which required climbing into a sack and somehow struggling the length of the hall and back thence to tag the partner and give the sack to them. The group of spectators encouraged the competitors and were led in their cheering by Mistress Juniper “Smiles” Nacklebell, who created rhyming cheers that incited those racing to pick themselves up each time they fell over in their sacks. It is understood that no serious injuries were taken by the contestants despite the amount of tumbles. The most useful technique seemed to be hopping in the sack, akin to the movement of a rabbit. After a hard-fought race, the winners emerged as sera Alyndra and ser Nadir with seras Diana and Tine taking second place.

The Ardor Festival continues all week, culminating in the Ardor Ball on Saturn’s evening.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X