X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival

Seventh day of the Second Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Fifth Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival.

Thor’s day, the fifth day of the Ardor Festival, was about crafting for platonic and romantic loved ones.

The first event was led by Master Colby in the Refectory. This was a carving session and the room was filled with people busily whittling blocks of wood and carving them into sweet statuettes for loved ones. One attendee remarked, ”It was dusty, a bit complicated, but it turned out to be enjoyable at the end when what I was carving came out the way I wanted.” Attendees made a range of statuettes including spinning medical symbol and bears.

The afternoon’s entertainment continued with a mosaic tile-making class in the Crafting Hall. Mistress Lilly, the Royal Jeweler, said, "Jewelry is an art form unto itself and can make even the most common denizen sparkle and shine! Creating mosaics is just one of the many ways to express one's creative genius - through the glamor, glitter and resplendent use of metals and precious stones! We are all artists in our own way! But jewels make it better!” Small chips of left over gemstones were available so that anything on the guidelines except those restricted to the Royal family, could be used to make mosaic tiles. Animal were popular with puppies, foxes and bejewelled kitty cats among the sparkling creations.

In the Garden Suite early in the evening, fresh flowers and herbs were available for the artistry of flower decorating. Sweet bouquets were tenderly put together as gifts of affection. After the bouquets were finished, it was revealed that there was a contest. The winner was sera Tine with her pretty posy of daisies and catnip.

The final event of the fifth day of the festival was a session of card crafting. Master Morgenstern issued blank cards, brushes and paints to those present and invited all to design a card and colour and detail it. A poem could then be written in the card and sent to others. There were some striking designs including ser Halvard’s black and white pyramid and other pretty wintery scenes of squirrels and snowflakes. These were passed to the couriers for safe delivery to those who were absent from the event.

The Ardor Festival continues all week, culminating in the Ardor Ball on Saturn’s evening.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X