Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Sixth Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixth Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival

Eighth day of the Second Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Sixth Day of 20th Year Ardor Festival.

As the Ardor Festival begins to wind down, the second last day began rather quietly and ended with rather frenzied activity.

The day began early for some as the gnomes constructed the ice skating rink in the Outer Bailey courtyard sometime during the night. Skaters began moving over the ice long before the scheduled time of one late bell. Master Morgenstern expressed his pleasure that the rink would be available all day for people to use as they wished. Delicious treats were served including a chocolate marshmallow dessert sandwich sprinkled with red powder, which upon tasting gave a double surprise that firstly it was not ground beets and secondly a spicy note of chili nipped at the tongue.

The Embinders held an Origami class at three late bells at which Mistress Tristana handed out a special sort of paper for folding. As she explained, "... the theme of course is Ardor ... "Everything you like is ...Ardor."

Chess was scheduled for four late bells in the Sunset Room. The challenge to put their brains to the test not taken up by most of the castle’s residents. Since there were not enough people present for a tournament. Master Morgenstern decided to hold the tournament at a later date.

In the evening, the Refectory buzzed with an excited crowd waiting to enter the Dining Hall where Mistress Juniper Smiles Nacklebell and Tinkerer Hermie were setting up for Builder Bear Creation. At the stroke of seven, entry was permitted. Mistress Juniper advised the rules and people began getting toy bears from Hermie (who unfortunately still bears marks from the unfortunate incident of The Broken Toy Machine). Permitted two bears each, and two dips into Mistress Juniper's various boxes and bags for accessories, guests began dressing and naming their bears. Animated trading took place among guests as they sought a gown here or a weapon there for their fuzzy creations. Certificates of Authenticity were signed by the toymaker. In the sprit of Ardor Week, the bears will be gifted to friends and loved ones.

Saturn’s is the last day of the Ardor Festival beginning with a Duelist Tourney at one late bell. This chronicler is privileged to have seen the menu for the Feast to be held at five late bells and those with healthy appetites are sure to be satisfied. The week’s festivities will end with the Ardor Ball at the ninth late bell.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Last edited by Tine; 02-09-2019, 05:33 PM. Reason: Added Embinders class

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X