X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shapes - Sculpture Exhibit

Twenty-first day of the Second Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of
    Shapes - Sculpture Exhibit.

Towards the end of the first moon, the Outer Bailey was privileged to see a display of sculptures. The Lecture Hall is a place for gathering many people for presentations or group discussions and the well-attended presentation certainly generated discussion. The hall was filled with a variety of snow, clay, wooden and topiary sculptures showcasing the talent and hard work of sera Taite for her first completed project as a student in the College of Humanities. The College’s color of silvery green was evident in the decorations and the booklets handed out.

Clay sculptures included a teddy bear, a bust of Lady Charmiam, a young girl smelling flowers, and a pine tree. The most popular piece of the entire exhibition was the clay sculpture of the girl placed before a topiary gardenia as if she was smelling the living plant.

Wooden sculptures of the shapes that gave the exhibition its name were a cube, interlinked hearts, a star and ball. There was also a controversial wooden duck call sword statuette which generated confusion over whether it was a duck call or a sword. It was described variously as unusual, imaginative and confusing. Sera Irial offered her opinion that "It's both, it touches on the concept that thought is just as powerful as action."

Snow has been sera Taite’s medium for quite a while and her expertise was displayed with a penguin and its chick on a layer of snow and a free-standing snowflake sculpture.

Some of those in attendance gave their impressions of the exhibition. Ser Halvard said,"Very creative, and she was both proud and willing to explain her motivations behind the pieces.” Sera Irial said, "Her creations are creative and cute with thoughtful talent being used for each completed project. … I love how she uses multiple mediums." Master Edstave commented, "Her art is very realistic and detailed. It's clear she puts a lot of effort into her work. She has an eye for it. … She enjoys her craft."

Sera Taite herself said, "All works of art show the viewer a little bit about the artist. We portray our feelings, hopes and dreams through our creations, and that is what I have done, as well."

The sculptor has invited comment from those who viewed her works “as it would help me become better at what I enjoy creating. It would help future exhibits and showings. I want to show what people want to see and also types of sculptures they have not seen."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X