Sixth day of the Third Moon,
Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of the dreamers' search for the taken.

Denizens of both the Inner and Outer Baileys put their lives at risk in an effort to save both the friends and strangers abducted by the wraiths known as the Hand of Five.

The effort began around eight late bells in the evening of the sixth day of the Third Moon, when the First Acolyte, Mistress Adayne, sought and found four volunteers for a ritual. While she and those four volunteers went on a dreaming, others remained behind with lit candles, providing a guide back to the waking world. Others walked the central bridge landing, where the ritual took place, with incense chosen to keep those meaning ill will at bay.

The focus this first attempt was with Lady Charmiam and Mistress Josie, two of the four Inner Bailey residents abducted by the wraiths. The other two Inner residents are Master Kaspar and Mistress Juliana; they are joined by Master Morgenstern, seras Pruul, Kona, and Alyndra.

Those travelling with Mistress Adayne were Mistress Heulyn, sera Meryl, and sers Swann and Melle. Holding candles were seras Auriela, Vasilisa, and Halvard, and Atmos of the Conclave. Finally, Doctor Dolph and this Chronicler, Mistress Euphelia, took part in the ritual as distant observers, able to hear and see what those travelling with the First Acolyte despite not being present with her.

The details of the ritual, at the request of the First Acolyte, are withheld from this chronicle, though its results were dramatic.

The vision revealed to the bystanders was of Lady Charmiam and Mistress Josie, who were brought to Mistress Adayne and her Seekers in the dreamscape. Lady Charmiam was in a robe of brown wool and had been wounded, as well as marked by Shadow. Mistress Josie, however, showed no such maltreatment.

Several times during the ritual, the presence of the five sorcerous wraiths were felt lurking at the edges of the gathering, trying to break through the wall of scented smoke and positive determination of the participants.

Conversation with the dream spirits of Lady Charmiam and Mistress Josie revealed that the wraiths had revealed much to them during their short time imprisoned.

"They mean to bind them," Doctor Dolph shared with the wakeful watchers. "He wants power. Jallon (the blue wraith) wants to finish what Caletus started."

After about half a bell in the dreamscapes, the dream selves of Lady Charmiam and Mistress Josie were pulled back to their sleeping bodies, and Mistress Adayne and her seekers withdrew, waking back on the bridge amongst friends.

Ser Swann, a relatively newly woken ser, had his first experience with the Hand of Five with the recent events. Though he had not experienced the challenges of years past, he was eager to help now.

"It is all our battle," he said, after awakening. "By the grace of Her Majesty I am allowed a new life, (and) I shall gladly use that to ensure that all of us are safe."

According to ser Swann, the experience was surreal. He said it felt real, though he knew he was dreaming. He wasn't able to sense his corporeal body where it slept on Marrach's bridge, but he also had an oddly sensation-deprived experience in the dream realm.

"It was like I was still physical," ser Swann described. "But, I could not feel the temperature of my surroundings or the spray of the waterfalls."

While the information gained by Mistress Adayne, ser Swann, and others is valuable, it remains to be seen if the Crown and its allies can make use of it to put the threat of the wraiths away for good.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the
Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Euphelia
Chronicler of the Court