X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Dame Threatens Another Who Bears the Mark

Ninth day of the Third Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Black Dame Threatens Another Who Bears the Mark.

The Black Dame has appeared before another of Her Majesty’s guests who bears the mark of the Hand of Five. At approximately one early bell today, the Royal Engineer, Master Pete, was supervising the disposal of the hydra on the ramparts of the Outer Bailey when a momentary spike of anger gripped those present. Emotions ran high for a brief interlude and fearing this was a portent of the appearance of Dame Keterin, Master Pete armed himself and and sera Vasilisa courageously stepped forth to protect him.

Master Pete explained that the Dame brings out anger in people because she was slain by the Cats and Rats using poison decades ago and she is filled with fury and vengeance. He went on to say that he has been marked by a wraith and predicted that the Dame might attempt to kill him to get rid of the mark, as happened to Lady Charmiam just three days ago.

The anticipated arrival came soon enough when there was a flash of dark blue light and a glowing rune appeared on the ground, from which black mist rose, swirling and twisting itself into the form of a black armoured knight. Dame Keterin, also called the Black Knight, appeared with her eyes aglow with an otherworldly yellow light, betraying slitted black pupils at their core. Black filled veins were visible beneath the surface of her skin around her neck and eyes. She was completely encased in obsidian armour except for her head which did not bear a helm. As the Dame rose from the rune, she settled her gaze on Master Pete and his marked right shoulder. Surprisingly, the Dame did not draw her sword and attack Master Pete but rather entered into a parley with him about her murder along with Waldis and Perrin.

Agreeing that Master Pete had nothing to do with her murder, she remarked, ”No, you did not. However … so long as you bear that mark, the Hand will sustain its dark magics, using energy drawn from your very soul.” When Master Pete observed that the Dame’s own masters [the Triangle] had sent her to clean up [his mark] she stated, "Yes, I have come to relieve you of that burden, and prevent the Hand from becoming stronger. Do you accept my judgment?”

The Royal Engineer objected that he did not accept the Dame’s judgement and told her that she is no judge nor jury in Marrach; that she serves an evil as vile, or worse, than the Hand of Five. Dame Keterin then stated that there are no worthy masters for a Knight to follow in this world, that one can but choose a lesser evil. Ranger Pete argued that Dame Keterin could repent and serve the Balance and the good Queen of Marrach, Queen Vivienne. He suggested that her murder and the spells the Triangle has cast on her, had confused the Dame and he reminded her that the Queen would not have made her a Dame if there was not good in her heart and soul, good which is still there. Saying that he had now laid the curse of conscience on her, Master Pete said she could no longer lie to her self and that she must "Do good. Or be damned.”

Dame Keterin responded, "We will see if you still feel the same, once all of this ends. I will ask you, and I will hear your answer, before the end. For that reason alone, I will let you live.” With another flash of dark blue light the Dame disappeared.

Sera Taite witnessed the exchange and said about the Dame that "She didn't die here. For the longest time, she was dead, and then Renart raised her to fill the role of the evil dame that wore cursed armor. This armor is what keeps her from being the good dame. Basically, Renart acted like the necromancer, and made her who the triangle needed her to be.”

Master Pete summarised that the Dame “aint'st truly livin'. An' she aint'st truly dead. Sorta.. undead. Unlivin'. Cursed to be neither, rilly.” He also commented that now she had removed her helm, part of the cursed armor, she was beginning to think for herself.

Present when the Dame appeared were Master Pete, seras Vasilisa and Taite and this chornicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask all readers please indicate to me through discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Assistant to Doctor Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X