Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Shower of Flowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower of Flowers

Fourteenth day of the Third Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Shower of Flowers.

Residents all over the castle were surprised and delighted this evening at a rain of flower petals which came without explanation and disappeared just as quickly.

Those gathered at the centre of the bridge were joined by the Princess Maeveen who arrived as a shimmer of moonlight washed over the area. The Princess Maeveen wore a floating diamond crown and seems to have finally found a crown that doesn't fall off her head while adventuring.

The Princess ran to the ballot box for the People’s Choice in the Knight’s Challenge, and looked about to cast a vote, when a courier gave Her a package which drew Her attention.

Retrieving a white rose from the package, the Princess appeared excited and joyful and exclaimed that Master Pete gave it to Her and that She loved flowers. Hearing this, Lieutenant Adahn suggested to Her Highness that a flower rain might be fun and the Lieutenant threw all his flowers into the air so that they rained down around the Princess.

Following this, the Princess used her fae magic and the castle experienced a shower of ephemeral flower petals which cascaded over the entire Keep. She then danced around the center of the bridge with the flowers and then disappeared in a shimmer of moonlight and the flowers faded away into the imagination leaving only smiles.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X