X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library Break-In: Books Burned

Ninth day of the Seventh Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Library Break-In: Books Burned.

Librarians were shocked recently at the discovery that someone had entered the Outer Bailey library without consent, and there caused damage. Around the nineteenth day of the sixth moon, sera Nariseth happened upon the room in a dreadful state as she was preparing for a bell.

The Outer Bailey library is located on the fourth level opposite the theatre and next to the Unity rooms. The area does not receive much passing traffic to witness the incident. Senior Librarian for the Outer Bailey and Literary Laureate for the Royal Library, sera Nariseth immediately knew something was amiss she found the door ajar. Inside was a scene of destruction; books had been torn from their cases and tossed about the room. A small number of books were reduced to a pile of ash. The treasury chest had also been poorly treated having an axe taken to it. A few things went missing but nothing of importance. Sera Nariseth called for the Army, and Serjeant Marcellius responded, assessing the situation and interviewing the librarian and then aiding her to tidy the room and return the books to their homes.

Mistress Auriela, who is the Head Librarian for the Outer Bailey Library, said that the burned books were “… books on styling. I can’t say as to why them … unfortunate luck most likely.” It is unknown how the vandal gained entry. Mistress Auriela said the doors were locked the night before, adding “I hope the person behind this is caught and brought to justice.”

Anyone with information should bring it to the attention of the Army. Anonymous tips may be sent by scroll.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizens of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X