• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Awakeners Guild

Seventh Moon, Twenty Seventh Day
    Twentyth Year of the Recent Awakenings

The Awakeners Guild

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Awakeners Guild.

The Awakeners Guild has maintained a long and steady existence within the Outer Bailey. Founded and originally led by sera Kiera, the Awakeners have had Guild leaders and Assistant Guild leaders including ser Morte, sera Cassandra, Lady Illiana, sera Anabeth, sera Khalea and ser Jayland.

Master Morgenstern, Royal Awakener, recently stated, The Awakeners have been around since the second year of recent awakenings. Though the group were not really organized until a few years later." When asked about the leaderships before him, he responded, "Before me was Mistress Josie, Lady Ezraella, and I believe Mistress Gabriella before Lady Ezraella. Marina, Sir Howe, and Liona were also past leaders. We in truth have only had female leaders that I can recall outside myself and Sir Howe." The current roster is Master Morgenstern, seras Alyndra, Caillean, and ser Melle as Senior Awakeners and ser Rhomulus and sera Vasilisa as our Junior Awakeners. Master Anton is our Patron and The Crown our Sponsor.

The Master shared his joys of being an Awakener, "I know I don't have the time I once did to meet every new guest, but when I do it's automatically the best part of my day. There is nothing I have found more enjoyable than nurturing a new guest and then watching them bloom into a vital part of the castle. It is not always easy to wake here with no memory of how you got here, and it can at times be even harder to settle into the castle once here. As an Awakener, it is our job to help ease new denizens into that new life within the castle. We become a friend, a mentor, and overall just someone to guide them as they figure out what they wish their role to be."

Some of these common tasks in helping a newly awakened denizen are as followed:

~ Show [the Newly Awakened] where to find clothing, food and companionship.

~ Teach them the basics of etiquette and to honor the Queen.

~ Tell them of the various activities and Guilds they may be interested in.

~ And offer our friendship to all who dwell here.

The newly awaken are greeted by a ghost named Sir Kimberlin, "Who he was before he became a ghost, I am not certain. Though his ghost has remained a long time member of the castle. Before agreeing to assist us in the Awakeners, he was most commonly seen at the Ghost Balls that the gardeners host every year. However, when the sunset room moved to its new location the Chambers brought him on to assist awakeners when we are not awake to help new guests." Master Morgenstern then explained about the Awakeners symbol, "The Awakeners necklace is our sole vestment. Not only does it mark one as an Awakener, but the magic inside it allows us to hear when a new guest wakes no matter our location as well as their name."

The Awakeners mostly gather in the Sunset Room, "The sunset room is a place where Awakeners and new guests come together to respond to questions, give advice, or just simply socialize. The original room was south of the guest hall. However, when the new guest quest came it was move to this floor that way guests could experience the room as soon as they wake. The change also encourages new guests to finish their quest to receive a new room and instill the idea in them that you earn things when you work for hard it. Often times the Awakeners will host game and social bells there to do just that or to interact with new guests they many not have had the opportunity to meet. I do have a key to lock it, but I only do so if I fear new guests may be in danger. Which does not happen often, thankfully. The only rules I have is that all within remain courteous, lawful, and to remember that their every movement is setting an example for new guests even if they do not intend to. Other than that, I freely welcome everyone to be themselves and relaxed. The best way for new guests to get involved in the castle is by meeting other denizens and making friends, so I try not to be too strict."

For those interested in joining the Awakeners, "I require all who wish to join to not have any guilty crimes from the year that they apply in, they most have an understanding of the castle or at least willing to learn, and be courteous. Junior members are mostly learning to be full Awakeners, so if they are willing to learn and polite denizens then I am happy to bring them on." As far as one being disqualified or removed from the guild, "Breaking the laws, being discourteous in and outside the guild, and overall just being a bad role model. I have had to blacklist a few denizens from entering the Sunset Room until I felt they improved on their behavior. Awakeners cannot always be around, so I do my best to keep bad influencers away from them."

Master Morgenstern gave a brief history the Almoners guild, "They were around at the same time as the Awakeners I believe. However, they mainly focused on giving items to new guests and those in need. They were eventually merged into the Awakeners, though what year that happened I cannot say."

The Awakeners are always seeking courteous denizens who are willing to give back to the castle by helping new guests. To apply, write to Master Morgenstern or sera Alyndra.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Caedus Bane

Aspirant Chronicler

Working...
X