X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosion on Bridge: Two Dead

Third day of the Eighth Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Explosion on Bridge: Two Dead.

This evening there was a rumble felt throughout the castle as an explosion went off on the bridge. Concerned residents gathered to find a distressing scene of one dead resident and another bleeding profusely.

There was only one witness to the event who has asked for her identity to be protected. The witness was on the bridge with Master Anton and sera Caillean when a woman wearing a sable cloak arrived and began arguing with Master Anton and sera Caillean. The witness was about to blow her duckcall when she was warned against it by the cloaked woman. As the witness was about to leave the center of the bridge, the cloaked woman produced a violet vial and tossed to Master Anton, saying "Catch." As the master caught the vial, it exploded and instantly killed him and grievously wounded sera Caillean. The murderer then ran from the scene shouting to those she passed to get a healer.

The Royal Chief of Medicine, Lord Dolph, arrived on the bridge shortly after and Lith came to remove Master Anton's charred corpse. As Lord Dolph was treating sera Caillean's wounds, she too passed away and was collected by Lith. His lordship stated," There was little I could do. Even had I arrived right after the blast, the damage had to have been too extensive to kill him instantly, and her moments later." He added about sera Caillean, "She went into shock and perished from her wounds, likely a combination of the concussive blast and extensive burns."

The witness reported that the cloaked woman was of average height and had a glowing pebble hanging from her belt. She could give no more details about her appearance. Sorcerer Kaori examined the soot and the floor and said the residue was likely alchemical. Sorcerer Radulescu presumed the tiny vial that exploded was magical.

It is unknown at this stage, if any structural damage was caused to the bridge.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Last edited by Tine; 08-03-2019, 03:27 PM.

Tine
    Senior Chronicler
    Secretary to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X