Announcement

Collapse

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
See more
See less

An Unexpected Audience with Queen Vivienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Unexpected Audience with Queen Vivienne

Fifteenth Day of the Twelfth Moon,
    Twentieth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of
    An Unexpected Audience with Queen Vivienne.

During a surprise visit to the center of the bridge this evening, Her Majesty Queen Vivienne and Her Highness Princess Maeveen discussed Yule plans and the Queen spoke with several Commoners. The Queen's usual audience at the ninth late bell was taken outside the Royal apartments when the Royal personage desired to a stroll. Accompanying Her Majesty were Ladies Sinvy and Charmiam and protecting her were Her equerry, Mistress Heulyn, with Princess Maeveen as a Squire.

Her Majesty discussed Yule plans with the small princess and tasked Her Highness with decorating the middle of the bridge. There was mention of a large Yule tree and peppermints and caramels. Suddenly the rich, lush smell of gingerbread was noticed, and Squire Maeveen gasped, "Oh no! My gingerbread walls! The whole Under is going to drown." and disappeared in a shimmer of moonlight. Her Majesty reminisced that Princess Maeve when she was younger, had flooded the Under Bailey with purple dough.

The Queen then questioned some of those present about their Dreams and the ideals that would make them happy here in the Castle. She shared, "We all seek a purpose in life wherein we feel relevant, where we belong, and our soul is thus at ease. It is called balance. That is why you are here, ultimately." She said that what would make Her most happy would be, "To see all of you prosper, to rise to your Dreams, to become the best version of yourselves, better than in any life you lived before this one. That is what would make Us most happy. To sit upon Our great throne and watch you all flourish."

Sera Taite spoke to Queen Vivienne of her desire only to sculpt. Sera Yolanda asked for forgiveness for disappointing Her Majesty in the past. Queen Vivienne responded to sera Yolanda, "There is no reason why you could not become Honored Guest again by the next Court, your rank was stripped but not barred from being attained anew. The same applies for Meryl, Diana, anyone else removed from Our Court. Even ser Gareth, most infamous for his exile and the only person We have ever truly exiled so, saw his Honored Guest returned." After further discussion with sera Yolanda, Her Majesty appointed her as Pursuivant Herald on the ninth link of the Great Chain. Sera Aleysia took the opportunity to express her pride at rejoining the Inquisition and serving Her Majesty.

The audience lasted for some two or three bells until our gracious sovereign called Her household to Her side and departed.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court
    Squire to Sir Edstave
    Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X