Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Prince Dances with Snow and Reveals Artistic Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Dances with Snow and Reveals Artistic Goals

Twenty-Third Day of the First Moon,
    Twenty-First Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of Prince Dances with Snow and Reveals Artistic Goals.

At the end of the twentieth year, the Yule Festival was ushered in with the Unity's Yuletide Gala - Dancing With Snow - held in the Outer Bailey courtyard on the twentieth day of the twelfth moon. The event was formal and combined dancing with a snow sculpture exhibit. The courtyard appeared festive with streamers, confetti, and sculptures of dancers and animals made by various guests during the day. Their Highnesses Prince Bertram and Princess Maeveen arrived with a party of nobles and knights. His Royal Highness looked magnificent in a burgundy-red leather high-collared doublet with a sable velvet sword cape. On His brow, he wore a circlet of bronze and autumnal-opal.

Sera Taite opened the event by announcing, "The twentieth year of recent awakenings has been a most remarkable year. We have seen four knightings! Three wonderful people have become Ladies and Lords. We have all worked together to protect Her Majesty's realm and all who are here because of Her, and because of that, our Prince, His Highness, Prince Bertram, was brought back to us. People are working toward their dreams and achieving things they thought were once impossible. Just remember … Here in Marrach, nothing is impossible. …

"It is the goals that we make, and the dreams we envision that get us to where we desire to be. The path that you decide, remember that you are not alone. Many people have walked through this very courtyard, knowing not what the future holds for them. Years later, they find themselves walking amongst those who were once in the very position that we are, now.

"This eve, we are here. Celebrating with our friends. Celebrating amongst courtiers, nobles, knights and even royalty. We are surrounded by snow sculptures of people dancing. As we look at each sculpture, we see the passion and we see the pride in each person as they do what they love to do. Dancing is a way to express yourself through movements and different positions. Each dance tells a story."

The Heir to the Ice Throne responded, "A very heartening speech, sera Taite. Hopefully, I'm still Prince this time next year. … And conscious." He led the dancing with Lady Galatea. Other couples joined, ignoring the snow and cold weather while they danced to the music provided by the viols of Mistress Calamity and ser Harabec and the lap harp played by the Princess herself.

The Prince revealed the Royal Family's plans for the keep for the twenty-first year, "We have each opted to patron certain aspects to support them more. I will be patroning and supporting the arts, mother and father shall be handling other scholastics. I believe mother said father was going to be working on history lectures. I thought that might be interesting."

His Highness mentioned His intentions for a new Art Gallery to be accessible via the Inner Ballroom and describe the marble and crystal and windows and views. His Highness developed His skill in architecture while studying with Sir Rumiss when He was younger. He said that Sir Rumis used his art as a means of expression and designed both baileys. It was later that Sir Rumiss "overstepped drastically. The repercussions led to his descent to the Under."

Before leaving, Prince Bertram thanked the hosts, "Sera Taite, sera Nariseth, thank you very much for holding this event. Though, I fear I must retire and handle a matter of... yuletide cheer, mother wished to discuss with me." His Highness and the noble ladies departed. Those who remained continued to enjoy the music and danced long into the night.

In attendance were Prince Bertram, Princess Maeveen, Ladies Charmiam, Ezraella and Galatea, Sir Adahn, Dame Josie, Mistress Calamity, Heulyn, Masters Aratan, Colby, Emerick, seras Aleysia, Nariseth, Taite, sers Caedus, Harabec and Rhomulus, and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court
    Last edited by Tine; 01-23-2020, 04:02 PM. Reason: Correction to attendance list

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court
    Squire to Sir Edstave
    Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X