X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardor Festival 21YRA: Day Three Ardor Ball

Sixteenth Day of the Second Moon,
    Twenty-First Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of
    Ardor Festival 21YRA: Day Three Ardor Ball.

The 21st YRA Ardor Festival concluded last night with a wonderful ball in the Outer Bailey theater. Prior to the Ardor Ball, the stylists held a Pamper Party in the Outer Bailey salon. Guests were not only treated to hairstyling in preparation for the Ardor Ball, and delicious snacks and drinks, but were also given a pretty gift bag containing various beauty products.

Sera Vasilisa explained, "In truth, these socials are meant to be a reprieve from stress for women. We will tend to all aspects of your beauty while making sure you're relaxed and having a wonderful time. All of the pampering is free of charge and usually consist of hair, cosmetics, eyebrow care, nail care and more." Sera Taite, leader of the Awakeners, added, "You can say sera Vasilisa is Awesome."

The final event of the festival was the Ardor Ball, hosted by sera Aleysia for the Unity. It took place in the theater which was decorated with cranberry and cream streamers. The table was laden with special treats including ice cream cones. Welcoming those present, sera Aleysia said, "We are ... glad to take advantage of the opportunity to showcase some of -our- passions, and ... I am grateful for all of you joining us this evening."

Sera Nariseth opened the entertainment with her lap harp, accompanying the display of graceful dancing by sera Aleysia. She then demonstrated her skills as Literary Laureate and shared a poem entitled Fond Pasts.

Have you ever felt your heart leap so high?
    It felt as though it would show through your eyes?
    Hope and precious keep, gaze upon one you hold dear.
    Their lights, upon your path small rests of peace.
    A smile to laughter! Two grins at a known jest.
    Friends, stars, the letters you read.
    Time is generous to many, though the days go on.
    Remember them well, recall them to your spirit.
    Wish as you can, but try not to forget.
    Every experience. Each moment.
    We go on, the tales of those with us move forward.
    Inner Bailey dances were popular with those Outer Bailey residents who swirled on the floor. Couples preferred waltzing cheek-to-cheek while the Line-Lock was perfect for others who had no partner. During the evening, sera Aleysia announced that the Unity would be reviving dance performance and dance classes this year.

The ball concluded at a late hour with thanks to the Awakeners and the Unity for all the Ardor Festival events and, in his absence, to Master Geoffry for the wonderful catering.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court
    Squire to Sir Edstave
    Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X